Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
k8orlando2

Totally OT - neighborhood

K8Orlando
12 years ago

We don't have family in town but have had a wonderful Christmas this year, from our neighborhood party to a small gathering of excellent friends today for a Christmas dinner. Just a very few exchanged gifts between my DH and me resulted in gifts I loved but probably would never have gotten for myself. It's all been good.

And then this evening at the dinner I heard something that completely blew me away! It turns out that one of my heros - an astronaut who flew missions in the 1980s - lived in my current neighborhood just a few houses from me!!! They were talking about the Crippens who attended an earlier neighborhood Christmas dinner and I asked if it was Bob Crippen the astronaut, never expecting them to say yes. But it was! How cool is that?!? It may be silly, but for me it's like finding out you 'almost' have a connection to Mick Jagger or Bono or some other rock star. I was always a space geek/fan and Bob Crippen was as awesome as that group got. He was my favorite and I followed his career for years.

Totally Off Topic, I know, but I had to share this!

Kate

Comments (3)

Sponsored
Preferred General Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Fairfax County's Specialized, Comprehensive Renovations Firm