Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
polardreams

OT - I will be AWOL for a while

polardream
12 years ago

DH and I are heading out in our RV on our big Mexico adventure. We plan to cross into Mexico on Friday morning and travel all around the country until early April. I did not bring my sewing machine or even any hand quilting. I will keep my eyes peeled for quilt shops along the way!

I am writing a blog if you want to follow our trip. I will check in as often as possible and cheer the rest of you on with your quilting!

Wishing you all a happy new year.

Sue/polardream

{{!gwi}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Travel with Tobey and Sue blog

Comments (19)

• loisflan
    12 years ago

Have a wonderful, safe trip, Sue. Mexico is a fascinating place.

• murphy_zone7
    12 years ago

Have a great trip! and be safe!

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

Safe travels!

I signed up to follow your blog. The blog is a great way for you to document your trip!

• jennifer_in_va
    12 years ago

Have a wonderful adventure!!

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    12 years ago

Hope your travels are enjoyable.......I'm sure you'll be picking up some handwork along the way....heh heh heh

SharonG/FL

• magothyrivergirl
    12 years ago

Have a great time. Stay safe & don't drink the worm!

• toolgranny
    12 years ago

Have a wonderful time, Sue. I'll follow your blog as you go. I'll be in Boulder next Tuesday so will just miss you.

• salijo
    12 years ago

Have fun!!! What a great adventure!
    Salijo

• grammyp
    12 years ago

Wish I were in your RV with you. Have a great time, we will be watching the blog.

beverly

• cannahavana
    12 years ago

We will be traveling with you in spirit! Have fun!

Rebecca

• nanajayne
    12 years ago

The way to go!!Have safe and memberable adventure but keep an eye open for new and different fabrics. I will be watching with envy in my heart. Jayne

• rosajoe_gw
    12 years ago

I hate to drive or ride so I would have to do something lol!!!

Have a margarita for us all and enjoy the trip!!!!
    Rosa

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    12 years ago

Sue, Thank you so much for taking the time to 'show and tell' of your travels! DH and I are loving it! Continued safe travels for you and Tobey.

SharonG/FL

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

I hope you all are checking her blog. It's very well written and fascinating - and it's a good lesson for those of us thinking of making some long RV trips. It sounds like an easy way to travel but there always seem to be 'complications'!

• polardream
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thought I would check in. We are in San Miguel de Allende and it is a really beautiful city. We bought some fresh strawberries the other day & made a pitcher of margaritas - only I had forgotten to make ice. OH WELL - we drank them anyway! :) Everyone has been really nice and helpful. We have only seen one fabric shop and the quality wasn't very good. The best buy they had was polar fleece for $39peso a meter - about $2.75 a meter! I didn't buy any, but it was fun to look.
    Linda, I hope you had fun in Boulder.
    Thanks for all of the well wishes & for following us - we'll keep you posted. Adios! Sue

• jackier123
    12 years ago

Sue,

Those photos that you are taking would make some wonderful landscape quilts!

Jackie

• Robbi D.
    12 years ago

Have a safe and fun trip!! It sounds very exciting!!

Robbi

• polardream
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Jackie,
    You should look at the blog from today if you want to see "landscape"! The roads we were on were terrible and the road construction here is unlike ANYTHING you would ever see in the US! Told my DH that I was ready to find an airport home. I'm better tonight - guess a pitcher of maragitas will do that! :) Hopefully we will have a better day tomorrow!
    Take care,
    Sue

Here is a link that might be useful: Travel with Tobey & Sue

• nanajayne
    12 years ago

Sue, Thank you SO much for sharing your trip. It is the kind of trip that I most enjoy but has become imposible to do anymore. You blog is such a complete story that I feel as though I have share the good and bad with you. Please take care and continue to have a wonderful time. Jayne