Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grammyp_gw

My wonderful wallhanging

grammyp
12 years ago

While we were at Camp Cheerio, Toolgranny surprised me with a wonderful Celtic Knot wall hanging. She had hand dyed the fabric and needle turned the applique. I think it looks wonderful over my fireplace. Thank you so much, Linda. I just love it.

beverly

Comments (20)

• sunnycentralfl
    12 years ago

Wow! Quilting Friends are the BEST!

That is beautiful for a beautiful person who is always giving to others! ...and it's made by a beautiful quilter!

It is so special!

Thanks for sharing it with us!
    Gwen

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    12 years ago

Wow Beverly. It looks like Linda made it specifically for for over your fireplace!

Great work, Linda!!!!!

You both are very caring and sharing ladies.

• wynative
    12 years ago

Wow! What a beautiful piece and it look's great over your fireplace : )

Sure wish I had a fireplace/wood burning stove right now. Winter decided to truely arrive this morning - it is only 14 degree's BRRRRRRRRR.....

Stay warm!
    Marie

• loisflan
    12 years ago

What a beautiful, festive quilt. The detail on it is wonderful. Holiday wishes to both the giver and the receiver.

Marie, I sympathize with you. It's 21 in Minneapolis.

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

That's the perfect spot for this amazing gift!

• magothyrivergirl
    12 years ago

This wall hanging looks perfect over your fireplace. The 'knots' accentuate the louvers on the grill like it was meant to be!
    While this picture looks beautiful, you can't see the amazing colors and Linda's Perfect needlework. She is so talented. This surprise Masterpiece was the shining star of our Show and Tell at Camp Cheerio.

Thanks for posting the picture Beverly.

• jennifer_in_va
    12 years ago

Beverly, that looks great there! I agree with Sharon that it was meant to be in that spot!

You and Linda are truly wonderfully amazing for the thoughtful giving that you offer others!!

• teresa_nc7
    12 years ago

Beautiful! Nice work, as usual, Linda!

• msmeow
    12 years ago

Wow, that is just beautiful! Much better than my one attempt at Celtic applique! LOL

Donna

• Robbi D.
    12 years ago

Beautiful!! Lucky, you!!!! It looks great over your fireplace, too.

Robbi

• toolgranny
    12 years ago

I'm so glad it fit. Thanks for showing us. It looks great there. And, it's the nice sort of gift, you can take it down and put it away instead of having to hang it all year because someone gave it to you. Happy holidays to you and Tim.

• cannahavana
    12 years ago

Gorgeous! Love Celtic knots, you did a beautiful job Linda!

I have a book full of patterns. Someday....

Rebecca

• nanajayne
    12 years ago

What a wonderful gift and such a great job! A work of art and it fits just right over you fireplace. Can't beat that kind of friend. We each have a few such special people in our lives.

• polardream
    12 years ago

Beverly, It looks beautiful above your fireplace! Linda did a beautiful job and you deserve the special gift. Enjoy the wallhanging and your holidays.
    Sue

• buteau3rd
    12 years ago

W0W! A beautiful gift for a beautiful person and from a beautiful person. It is such a pleasure to have met both of you! A very special group!

• bonica
    12 years ago

Wow that's a lot of needle turning!! Beautiful!!!
    A lot of people sent me heart blocks when I was so ill. My BFF of 32 yrs took the blocks and made them into a beautiful quilt. I saw it about two weeks ago and there's just the binding to finish. I'm holding my breath...I'm hoping she gives it to me! LOL!!

• fran1523
    12 years ago

That looks fabulous Beverly and you deserve it because you are always doing something for somebody else. And Linda, you are amazing as well. Beautiful work.

• grammyp
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks everyone. I was so surprised when Linda turned it over and showed me the label with my name on it. I think it is absolutely stunning. I am so blessed to have such a good friends.

beverly

• itsmesuzq
    12 years ago

Wow! That is so beautiful and it looks perfect over the fireplace. What a wonderful treasure.

Susan

• rosajoe_gw
    12 years ago

It is stunning and perfect for your fireplace. I agree that Beverly always does so much for others.

Linda is very generous, I know how much time went into the needle turn!

We truly do have a group of warm hearted, talented members.
    Rosa