Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Chess Board / Checkers Board Quilt

Posted by k8orlando (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 20, 11 at 22:06

This is a link to a chess board quilt project. I know none of us need a new project but this is too cool not to share.

"When a bobbin is just a pawn"

Kate

Here is a link that might be useful: Chess Board Quilt!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Chess Board / Checkers Board Quilt

That is really cool!

I made a counted cross stitch checker piece and then a box to place it on. The pieces are buttons covered in cross stitched lady bugs and honey bee's and are stored under the board in a little drawer. I place it on the patio table in the summer and kids love to come play. They only problem is that I have to have them keep their hands clean so that the pieces do not get dirty.

I will try to get a picture of it tomorrow and post.

o

Love it Kate. The chess pieces are very creative.

beverly

o

I'm sooooo glad I did not see this until now--not even tempted for this year, but there is always next year full of gift giving occasions!
This looks like a cool blog - Thanks!

o

Cute idea! Years ago I had a pattern for a checkerboard done in homespuns and the pieces were little stuffed cats in 2 colors (of course they were cats!).

Donna

o

That's really cute!

o

Two of my neighbors have surgery scheduled for January. I'm thinking of making these boards for each of them. I was struggling with a quick way to make the chess pieces, but if I do it like checkers it will be much easier and quicker!

One of them is a golfer so I could do the board in a sand colored fabric and a grass print fabric, then make the pieces in a white dot to look like golf balls and... what? maybe orange dotted to look like the orange ones?

o

Here's an easier one - and somewhere I saw a magnetic chess set to make - on a blog ...... somewhere.....

Here is a link that might be useful: Chess set

o

Thanks! Those chess pieces wouldn't be hard to do at all.

o

Very nice. Love her immagination. I have always wanted to do a checkers set. Maybe some day. I don't have any chess player but that would be fun to do. If I were still selling I would make an effort.

o

That is just too cute. Thanks.

o

I have been wanting to make one of these for a Quilts for Kids quilt using the pattern linked. I also want to make some tic tac toe roll-up play boards for kids one of these days. Saw a very cute one of those where they made two sided pieces (such as one side cats other one dogs) and kids could use that. That would work for checkers, but not chess.

Here is a link that might be useful: Chess board quilt

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here