Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Stitchers Garden BOM Advice

Posted by agnesd (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 20, 12 at 21:55

I'm just going to start the BOM Stitcher's Garden. I would like to know of any helpful hints from those who have participated in this project. Experience is the best teacher and would appreciate any and all things that you can advise. This is the most expensive quilt that I have attempted. Are all the extra feet necessary? Thanks a bunch. On a limited budget.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Stitchers Garden BOM Advice

Assuming this is the project shown on Utube, I wouldn't use any of those feet. I'd do it as a needle turn applique. Much cheaper and for me, much easier.

o

I started that project on my own (not a BOM) getting my kits through my LQS. I'm like toolgranny, I also did needle turn on most of my blocks. I did enjoy trying some of the different techniques. That was one of the things that drew me to the quilt. I've gotten side tracked and not finished the quilt. I still have a few kits left before I finish it. Hopefully I can get it done soon!! I'll be anxious to see how yours goes and get me motivated to finish mine!

Robbi

o

I'm stymied at what to use as a stabilizer. Some suggest Battalizer from Hoop Sisters but it sells for over $100. What about a thin batting?

o

I just looked up the picture and what a cheerful, happy quilt. Looking forward to seeing a picture of yours.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here