Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Accomplishments for this month

Posted by bloomorelse (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 6, 11 at 21:29

I made a bunch of placemats. These didn't take that long because I don't even quilt them.

Photobucket

and I finally recovered my glidder and ottoman. It was one my DH brought home for nothing and fixed, but it was blue and didn't match anything in the LR. I had bought some upholstery fabric 5 years ago with the intention of making cat beds, but never did. So I used is to recover the chair and ottoman.

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Accomplishments for this month

You did a wonderful job. Thanks for showing us.

o

Nice work! The placemat is beautiful and I really like the fabric you used on the chair.

Kate

o

Love the fabric in your placemats, lovily job.
Your chair turned out great. Goes nicely with you sofa.
Good job, must make you proud.

o

Very nice - good job recovering the glider and using up the fabric you had bought for something else~that always makes me feel extra good!
Your place mat is very pretty.

o

Love the placemats... Are those blocks embroidered & appliqued? I love the border fabric..so rich looking!

I'll have to remember that re-covering a glider is a possibility! Was it easy?

Way to go! and thanks for sharing

o

Love it!! I've always thought I might like to try to upholster something, but I haven't had the courage yet. Great job!!

Robbi

o

Recovering the glidder was supper easy. I had put it off for years, thinking it would take weeks. I simply removed the old fabric and used it to cut out the exact size on the new fabric. I thought of not putting the stitching on the back, but decided to hand stitch. The foam was already intented so I just hand stitched about 1/4" stitches.

The squares in the centre of the placemats were just 2 X 3 squares I cut from fabric and added the borders. The fabric for the centre had about 11 squares across.

o

Love those placemats,they are so rich looking!! Good job on the chair as well.TFS
Kathi

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here