Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Interesting sewing machine website

Posted by sunnycentralfl (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 26, 11 at 20:53

Ran across this website. These sewing machines featured here are painted brightly, for sure! Sharon, I thought of how your hubby uses his artistic painting talent.

Enjoy!
Gwen

Here is a link that might be useful: The Old sewing machine man

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Interesting sewing machine website

He likes the one with flames.....of course! Now we'll probably be looking for sewing machines at the thrift store for him to play with. lol

SharonG/FL

o

Fun to see all the different kinds of old machines! Sort of nostalgic.

thanks for sharing!

o

Great old machines! I'm trying to imagine what it would be like to hold the fabric with my left hand while turning the crank with my right. Tricky, but much better than doing everything by hand, especially if you're making clothes for the whole family. Aren't we lucky to be sewing with our wonderful machines?

o

It remined me of my first sewing machine, it has a wooden cover but wasn't a hand turned one. Fun to see all the old machines. Not sure why some were painted.

o

I have seriously considered having one of my old machines painted and even talked to a local shop that does customer motorcycle parts painting. I laughed when I saw the one here with flames because I thought about using flames... they are so classic for that type of painting. Also thought about a scene that looked like a night sky but the stars are little pieced Ohio Stars or something similar. Wouldn't that be fun?

o

I love these old machines - I do all my piecing on a 1927 Singer Featherweight 221. I don't think I could handle a treadle machine though, (not enough coordination) although I know a couple of women who love theirs.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here