Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lindaoh_gw

DWR-The final chapter

lindaoh_gw
12 years ago

My DWR is finished except for the binding. I took it to the longarm quilter in November as she had scheduled the week following Thanksgiving to quilt it. She called me on the 29th to say it was finished and she loved it! We were having some nasty weather that week plus we both had busy schedules for end of the week. We agreed to meet at our guild meeting on Dec. 6 to give me the quilt. So...she brought it to the meeting last night and I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!! The back is really beautiful.

This quilt took longer to make than any quilt I have made, mainly because of mistakes when I started it. But it is worth it now!

Linda OH

Here is a link that might be useful: Picture of quilt

Comments (22)

• magothyrivergirl
    12 years ago

OMG! It is so beautiful! She did a wonderful job quilting it.
    I would love to be able to quilt that beautifully and bring such happiness & appreciation to people.
    I'm happy you love it! After so much work, the beauty will make you forget your problems making this beauty!

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

Stunning!!!

• grammyp
    12 years ago

Oh my gosh, that is fabulous! If it ever needs a home, give me a call.

beverly

• toolgranny
    12 years ago

that is beautiful. I just love the quilting. Great colors, too.

• msmeow
    12 years ago

Oh, wow Linda, it's beautiful! The quilting is definitely worth whatever she charged. What a treasure!

Donna

• nannykins
    12 years ago

ditto everything said above. Truly stunning!!
    Theresa

• Robbi D.
    12 years ago

Absolutely beautiful!! That is my goal to be able to quilt like that!! I want to do a solid fabric quilt and the beauty be the quilting, not the fabric. Love it!! I also want to do a DWR. Love what you've done :-)

Robbi

• teresa_nc7
    12 years ago

Beautiful! Great color choices and piecing and top-notch quilting done by your longarm quilter.

Teresa

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    12 years ago

Linda, It's absolutely beautiful!

SharonG/FL

• cannahavana
    12 years ago

Absolutely gorgeous! Are you keeping this one for yourself? It would be hard for me to part with it.

Rebecca

• fran1523
    12 years ago

A good long arm quilter is worth her/his weight in gold. Gorgeous.

• sandlapper_rose
    12 years ago

Linda, that is so beautiful! I know you are very proud of it.
    Jeanne

• rosajoe_gw
    12 years ago

It is stunning Linda! The quilting really enhances the quilt, she is an outstanding LA quilter.
    Rosa

• nanajayne
    12 years ago

A+ all the way! Truly beautiful from the pattern, fabric choices, workmanship and quilting. You have reason to be proud and happy.
    I wish I knew someone that could quilt like that. Wonderful work. Give her my congratulations.TFS

• loisflan
    12 years ago

Linda, your quilt is extraordinary. I love your choice of fabrics and your workmanship is wonderful. The quilting is also fantastic.

Linda, can you answer a question for me? Did the quilter design a pattern that was absolutely perfect for that particular quilt design and then program it into her quilting machine so that it repeated itself across the whole quilt? Or did she do each block independently? Or is it all free-hand?

• lindaoh_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you to everyone for the wonderful comments. This is the second DWR that Kat has quilted for me. She is wonderful. To answer your question Lois, she showed me this design that she bought and programs it into her machine. I think she has to set the outside edges of each block so it will quilt inside it. She schedules an entire week to finish a custom quilt.
    Linda OH

• wendyfaye
    12 years ago

WOW!!

• mzstitch
    12 years ago

I attempted a wedding ring block once using templates and was so frustrated I decided against a whole quilt. I love the pattern though, and yours is absolutely beautiful. I love both your choice of colors and the quilting really adds to it to make it a keepsake. Well done!

• User
    12 years ago

The amount of work that went into this gorgeous quilt boggles my mind. Wow. Wow. Wow.

• ritaweeda
    12 years ago

Gorgeous quilt! One of my favorites but never one that I would ever tackle. The quilting is exquisite. BTW, didn't realize that you have your own website, I was snooping around on it, will have to revisit it again!

• lindaoh_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Welcome to my website! A friend and I plan to publish a quilt-along after the holidays. I invite everyone to join us.
    Linda

• lola99
    12 years ago

Wow, your quilt is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing.

I enjoy quilt-alongs. Even if I am too busy to participate, I like to watch what goes on. I'll bookmark your site. :)

Lola