Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Question for Sharon

Posted by maritime_linda (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 11, 12 at 20:14

Hi Sharon, I was thinking about trying one of your neck warmers. I'm never sewn with polar fleece and was wondering if you use a special needle.

Linda

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Question for Sharon

Hi Linda, No, I just use a regular needle. I don't like to make anything more difficult than it has to be. (grin) Just make sure the stretchy part goes the width of the fleece.

SharonG/FL

o

Ok....I like the way you think! Thanks for the tip on direction. I've been sewing most of today, but am having issues with my machine.....the stitch is just not right and no matter what I try it is not improving. It looks like a threading or tension issue. I've rethreaded the machine and bobbin a dozen times and tried changing the tension in either direction, but no improvement. I've changed the needle as well, although I'm not sure whether the one I put in is a new one or not. I'll pick up some new ones tomorrow. Very frustrating as I'm trying to finish up a couple of gifts. Decided to call it quits for the evening as I'm getting tired. I picked up some fleece yesterday, so will try one later this week or on the weekend. I'll let you know how it turned out.
Thanks again!
Linda

o

Linda, Sometimes a good cleaning in the bobbin area helps when nothing else works.

Our granddaughter stopped in last night and, even though we live in Florida, she wants a neck warmer to wear when riding her motorcycle in the mountains of GA. Another gal wants one for the very same reason. Apparently, there's an area between their warm jackets and helmet that's a bit difficult to cover.....these are perfect......no ends flying in the breeze. LOL

SharonG/FL

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here