Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
DGD 3-D pinwheel Christmas Quilt

Posted by wynative (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 23, 11 at 20:09

Haylie's Christmas Quilt 2011

Close up of backing, pinwheel with tiny yoyo:
Close up...

I did the binding multi out of the color's in the quilt. I saw a quilt on here that had it and couldn't resist - love it :)

A wall hanging for a friend:
Wyoming cowboys!

I made every gift this year due to lack of $$$ here are a couple other gifts. I took a ceramic class in school this semester and made the following:

Goblet for my niece:
Breanna's Goblet
Goblet for my daughter:
Megin's Goblet
Jewelry Box for DIL:
Dani's Jewlery box
Elephant Bank for my DGD:
Haylie's 'Elephant' Bank

I did football helmets for other including my son but as this is a quilting site, I will refrain from posting everything LOL

Merry Christmas to all you quilters!
Marie

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: DGD 3-D pinwheel Christmas Quilt

Marie, Those little yo-yos are really cute and the color is right on! Good job on the other gifts, too. The time you spent making the gifts, and the thought that went into creating them should not be overlooked.

SharonG/FL

o

Thanks Sharon : ) I had lots of fun doing them.

o

Great job on the quilt - the yo-yo's are perfect.
Thanks for posting the ceramics - you have been very busy and creative-they will love the gifts.

o

Marie, the quilts are gorgeous! I love the small yo-yos, they really tie the border to the quilt.

But, a KOKOPELLI!!!! My dh is from Arizona and I fell in love with them when I visited his family the first time.

And a ceramics class!!! I wish I could take one!!!

Merry Christmas, I would love all of the gifts and I know they will too!!!!!
Rosa

o

When you make a gift for someone you love, you're giving them a piece of yourself. They'll probably look at them and see you in their mind, working on the gifts and thinking of them.

o

Thanks ladies :)

Rosa - my DIL collects them - last year she got a Kolopelli quilt for her birthday. Must work because I now have a granddaughter - maybe this time next year they will be preparing to give me a grandson.. LOL

Merry Christmas to all!
Marie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here