Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Last of the totes done! pictures

Posted by polardream (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 15, 10 at 19:33

I finally finished the last of the Christmas sewing. These are for my "movie club" group.

Kathryn's Kathryn's

Marianne's Marianne's

Lydia's Lydia's

Joanna's Joanna's

Karen's Karen's

Deirdre's Deirdre's

Mary's Mary's

All done with my sewing until Christmas is over!!
Sue

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Last of the totes done! pictures

Those are very nice! You've been busy. Take a break & enjoy Christmas!

Donna

o

These are so pretty. Wish I was part of the group. Lucky ladies. Jayne

o

Very nice! I love the paisley best, I think.

o

All your totes are very pretty! It's going to be hard to top theses presents next year :)
Enjoy your holiday.

o

This is really a neat idea and I loved the way you made each with a different pattern.

o

Great, and very thoughtful, gifts. I like them all. My favorite is the one for Joanna with Lydia's being a close second. Did you have a pattern for these?

TFS.

~Geraldine

o

Love them all!! Paisley is my favorite.

o

Thanks for the compliments!

Geraldine, I didn't have a pattern. I measured another tote I had that I liked the size ... it's about 16" wide and 17" tall. I just used orphan blocks or made squares approximately 12" for the fronts & then pieced to make them about 16-1/2" x 18" unfinished. Once the sides & bottoms were sewn together, I made a gusset on the bottom & folded the top under about 1/2". I made a lining the same way and put it inside - wrong sides together. I pinned the handles between the bag & lining & stitched around the top. I reinforced the handles with stitching & called it good. I did not quilt the lining to the front or put any batting in. I figured for an extra grocery/library book/whatever tote, that was okay.

My favorite part of this is that I did not buy any fabric ... just using stuff from my stash! My DH said I needed to make 2 more ... I said it would wait until AFTER Christmas! :)

Sue/polardream

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here