Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dan_the_mailman

Seeking sites for free flower appliques

dan_the_mailman
12 years ago

Does anyone know of any good sites for free printable flower appliques? I've been searching online, and I'm not having much luck.

-Dan

Comments (10)

• magothyrivergirl
    12 years ago

This is a great site. Enjoy!

Here is a link that might be useful: FatCat Patterns

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    12 years ago

Dan, Did you have something special in mind? Or is it one of those 'you'll know it when you see it' kind of thing? *grin*

SharonG/FL

Here is a link that might be useful: flowers and leaves

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    12 years ago

It's more of a "know it when I see it" thing. I've got two quilts in my head which I can't seem to get out on paper or find block directions for. The first one would be a quilt of wildflowers, one type per block. The second quilt would be of garden flowers, sort of like the pictures you'd find on the front of seed packets. I went to the fatcats site and got some ideas for other quilts. And I checked out the flowers and leaves site and got an idea for a quilt with the vintage flower vase as a large central block. ***sigh*** My "bucket list" is being taken over by quilts... lol! Thanks for the help you two. Keep those sites coming, please!
    Dan

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

Go to Google, click on "Images" at the top of the page and search for seed packets. Beautiful images and you might find some you can use!

Kate

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    12 years ago

I really like these blocks.....not free but you could probably draw up your own from the seed packets.

SharonG/FL

Here is a link that might be useful: Memory Bouquet

• magothyrivergirl
    12 years ago

Dan, there are so many free flower applique sites and patterns. If you are not finding what you want, I suggest you get a focal point, perhaps a floral fabric and build your vision from there.
    You can also fussy cut flowers, stems, vases--anything-- from printed fabric and applique.
    You will indeed drive yourself crazy without a clearer vision, even if it is scratched out on a scrap of paper, and you never use it, you need a starting point.

Here is a link that might be useful: Flowers

• foxxigrani
    12 years ago

Also type in coloring pages, it will take you to a site that has childrens color pages, then find flowers, I get a lot of my patterns for redwork that way. Hope you find what you are looking for, I know how frustrating it is to have something in your mind and it is hard to find a free pattern. Good luck

Rita

• grammyp
    12 years ago

I agree with coloring pages. You can get simple or very detailed pictures that are great for applique.

beverly

• dan_the_mailman
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I hadn't thought of coloring pages, that would probably work out great! They wouldn't have to be too detailed, but they'd be ready for copying. Thanks!

Rita, what is "redwork"? I've never heard that term before.

• karpet
    12 years ago

On Quilter's Cache, Marcia has some flower applique patterns - I've used her Iris pattern. At the site, down in the middle of the page, there is a white box that asks "Where do you want to go today?", click the down arrow and go to "Quilt Blocks Galore - Free Quilt Block patterns"

Here is a link that might be useful: Quilter's Cache

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!