Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Celebrating

Posted by nanajayne (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 17, 10 at 19:15

Celebrating tonight. I finally finished my Star Quilt and it is on my bed! I hand quilted it for ME and have finally finished putting th binding on. I don't make many that I keep or hand quilt so I am celebrating. Jayne

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Celebrating

Hurray!!! That's my New Year's resolution.. to make one for ME! Congratulations and be warm! Kay

o

congrats! be sure to take a picture for us!

Sue

o

Well done Jayne! My birthday block quilt for 2011 is the first one I am keeping too and it makes it more interesting.
Kristene (tinyteena)

o

I am celebrating with you. That's wonderful. I hope you'll show us a picture. I still haven't made a quilt for me. Someday.

o

And where is the picture, young lady? You know we all live vicariously through the others who manage to complete a quilt every now and then.

Looking forward to seeing your accomplishment!

o

Yes, where is the picture. There is nothing like sleeping under your own quilt. I have quilts on all three of my beds now.

o

I kept me warm in my very cold bedroom. I see that I have the dating screwed up on my camera but believe me it was just done. LOL. JaynePhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket

o

I love the quilting!! Did you do it by hand? I want to do some of those feathers on the quilt I'm making for my dh, but I'm not sure what to do. I do want to do it with the machine, so I'm thinking stencils (since I have no free motion experience). Beautiful!!!

Robbi

o

I uses stencils and this quilt is hand quilted. I used water sol. markers.
I don't have a lot of success with FMQ but stencils do help.
Jayne

o

Absolutely beautiful!
Kathy G in MI

o

It's beautiful and the quilting is just perfect for it. This is a quilt to be proud of!

Kate

o

Beautiful! Love the colors, I'm impressed by anything done by hand. Tara

o

Gorgeous! The stitches are perfect! You should be celebrating! Thanks for posting the picture.

o

Thanks everyone. Nice to be celebrating with your approval.lol.
Really like to hand quilt but it is wasted on some quilts.
Jayne

o

I love your quilt and your hand quilting is beautiful! I wish I had the time and talent to hand quilt.
Linda OH

o

Very nice and well done! It's good that you did something for yourself to use. Does this mean no more jumping on the bed?!

o

OH lovely! Sweet satisfaction! It looks really, really good on your bed.

o

Gorgeous!

o

Jayne that is amazing!!!!!!!! It is a piece of art. Do you have a pattern?? I agree that I will not hand quilt ever quilt I make, and most of them my family does not want hand quilted. They feel guilty using them and I want them to be used.
I have just started to make quilts for me, it's long over due and we should be as good to ourselves as we are to others lol!!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here