Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
imrainey

Hopeful day in the San Fernando Valley

imrainey
13 years ago

You might recall that I was whining a week or 10 days ago about my local quilt shop closing. Well, today I ran into the owner and she says she has 6 offers to buy the shop. ...and she wasn't even planning on selling, she says, she just meant to close it and retire.

She says she's been candid with each offer that her rent is scheduled to go up and that she's had 3 years of off income so she's not sure what will happen. But my fingers are crossed that someone's going to want to give it a new look and keep it going.

It's in a nice location and already has an established clientele. I think some new decor and a buyer who diversifies from the Civil War and 30s repros that Linda loves so much could breathe some real life into the place. The another shop about 20 miles away has grown like wildfire and shows no signs of slowing down so I'm hopeful and excited this afternoon. AND my fingers are crossed for the lovely ladies who have worked there for so many years and want to continue to be able to work together.

...plus I was there to pick up a quilt that was long armed.

Comments (3)

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio