Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nanajayne

Recent quilts and Grands Christmas quilts

nanajayne
11 years ago

This is the latest finish of my Grands quilts. Called Bitter Sweet.

The next is the Island Chain that I ask for suggestions on the border.

The last is a picture of all 5 quilts I have made for my grands Christmas.

Comments (11)

• nannykins
    11 years ago

What a lovely grandmother you are!
    Quilts are beautiful. I especially like the colours in Bittersweet.
    I have seen the Island Chain pattern and find it intriguing.
    Theresa

• littlehelen_gw
    11 years ago

All of your quilts are lovely,love the pairie points on the middle one, but Bitter(sweet) just grabs me...love it! Some lucky grands at Christmas!
    V.

• bev2009
    11 years ago

All of them are wonderful! What a great grandmother you are. I especially like the colors in the bittersweet, too. I also love the border with the points! Great job.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    11 years ago

Jayne, Your quilts are beautiful.....Bittersweet looks very rich, Island Chain's colors are right on, and the other three are just as lovely! You've worked hard this year to get them all completed. Good job!!!!

Great idea, too! If I did that for all my grands, I'd have to start now and aim for Christmas 2014. lol

SharonG/FL

• quiltingfox
    11 years ago

I really love all the beautiful quilts you made especially the bittersweet, the scrappy blocks, and the green blocks quilts. Your grands are going to love them!

Best to you,
    quiltingfox

• petalpatsy
    11 years ago

They are just lovely!

• grammyp
    11 years ago

You have been quite busy! They are beautiful.

beverly

• quiltnhen
    11 years ago

Beautiful! Need another grandchild? ;-)

• magothyrivergirl
    11 years ago

NanaJayne---you forgot me! I'm your new Grand child --- oh please-please??? You are the Best Nana ever!!!

These are incredibly nice quilts that your Grands are going to cherish forever. How do you decide who gets which one?
    My 2 favorites are Bitter Sweet (which looks like Butter Scotch to me) and Island Chain (perfect selections for the borders).

You have outdone yourself this year! Now you can relax and enjoy the holidays.

• karpet
    11 years ago

What a great job! I especially like the Bittersweet one.
    Karlene

• nanajayne
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you. Some were shown before but I wanted to put them togeather.
    The Bitter Sweet was made from a kit, not an easy choice for me but the GD likes Orange (note the backing).
    The others were from my stash with a few extras. One likes Browns and Aqua, the others are just my choices.
    Next project is for next GGson to be born in Apr. and something for my 2nd. Daughters 60th in 2014.
    Still working on patterns for those.