Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Recent quilts and Grands Christmas quilts

Posted by nanajayne (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 5, 12 at 19:06

This is the latest finish of my Grands quilts. Called Bitter Sweet.Photobucket
The next is the Island Chain that I ask for suggestions on the border.
Photobucket
The last is a picture of all 5 quilts I have made for my grands Christmas.
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Recent quilts and Grands Christmas quilts

What a lovely grandmother you are!
Quilts are beautiful. I especially like the colours in Bittersweet.
I have seen the Island Chain pattern and find it intriguing.
Theresa

o

All of your quilts are lovely,love the pairie points on the middle one, but Bitter(sweet) just grabs me...love it! Some lucky grands at Christmas!
V.

o

All of them are wonderful! What a great grandmother you are. I especially like the colors in the bittersweet, too. I also love the border with the points! Great job.

o

Jayne, Your quilts are beautiful.....Bittersweet looks very rich, Island Chain's colors are right on, and the other three are just as lovely! You've worked hard this year to get them all completed. Good job!!!!

Great idea, too! If I did that for all my grands, I'd have to start now and aim for Christmas 2014. lol

SharonG/FL

o

I really love all the beautiful quilts you made especially the bittersweet, the scrappy blocks, and the green blocks quilts. Your grands are going to love them!

Best to you,
quiltingfox

o

They are just lovely!

o

You have been quite busy! They are beautiful.

beverly

o

Beautiful! Need another grandchild? ;-)

o

NanaJayne---you forgot me! I'm your new Grand child --- oh please-please??? You are the Best Nana ever!!!

These are incredibly nice quilts that your Grands are going to cherish forever. How do you decide who gets which one?
My 2 favorites are Bitter Sweet (which looks like Butter Scotch to me) and Island Chain (perfect selections for the borders).

You have outdone yourself this year! Now you can relax and enjoy the holidays.

o

What a great job! I especially like the Bittersweet one.
Karlene

o

Thank you. Some were shown before but I wanted to put them togeather.
The Bitter Sweet was made from a kit, not an easy choice for me but the GD likes Orange (note the backing).
The others were from my stash with a few extras. One likes Browns and Aqua, the others are just my choices.
Next project is for next GGson to be born in Apr. and something for my 2nd. Daughters 60th in 2014.
Still working on patterns for those.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here