Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jackier123

What quilty things did you get for Christmas?

jackier123
10 years ago

My husband got micro-handles for my longarm. I had been wanting them for a while. I also got some Joanns gift cards.

Jackie

Comments (10)

• nannykins
    10 years ago

A nice gift certificate to Keepsake Quilting.
    And I will buy a handmade seam ripper from our LQS.
    Theresa

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    10 years ago

Quilting mags and GC to JoAnns. And, some muscle milk to strengthen me so I can spend more time at the machine. :-)

SharonG/FL

• msmeow
    10 years ago

Well, I bought myself a sewing machine before Thanksgiving, so that was it for me. :)

Donna

• magothyrivergirl
    10 years ago

Pretty earrings to wear while I sew :~)

• nannykins
    10 years ago

Oh, I like your gift Marsha!
    I also got a quilt calendar so
    I will know what day it is. (Sometimes I am not too sure).
    Theresa

• calliope
    10 years ago

My DD and SIL gave me a lovely book on crazy quilting. It has a lot of information on integrating decorations, instructions for various embroidery stitches for embellishing the seams, and patterns for overall embroidery. There is a handbag plan I intend on using pretty soon.

The quilting around Christmas tended to be outgoing, instead of ingoing. My g'son got a heavy wool quilt......because he likes heavy quilts. My DD and SIL got the Jewelbox quilt I made last year, and the Vallejo Children's Home in Quadelupe, Mexico got my last quilt.

• quiltingfox
    10 years ago

My brother got me a set of Amish quilt greeting cards that are blank inside, but have pictures of quilts on the outside. My mom got me a Quilt-In-A-Day's wooden iron for pressing out quilt block seams at my desk, she also got me plastic template sheets to make quilt patterns with, and 3 Elm Creek Quilts novels. My sister got me Elm Creek Quilts Sylvia's Bridal Sampler quilt book and a lot of WOW fabric for the background fabric for the quilt blocks. My son and DH got me some fabric and some fabric pens and a 6.5" x 24" quilt ruler. So I am all set to have some fun quilting in 2014.

Best to you and Happy New Year,
    Sandra

This post was edited by quiltingfox on Fri, Dec 27, 13 at 20:40

• bev2009
    10 years ago

Calliope, what's the name of the book?

All I ended up requesting was a holder for my cones I bought six months ago. I can't stand too many UFOs, so I didn't want to request any books that would drive me crazy wanting to start a new quilt. However, maybe Mother's Day and birthday in May will be incentive to get the UFO's done so I can request a book or two. LOL

My four kids got a kick out of their aprons and DD loved the Falling Charms quilt. She couldn't believe I made it in the two weeks before Christmas. Little does she know how easy it is.

• sherryquilts
    10 years ago

I bought my own Christmas gift in late summer - a Janome Memory Craft for quilting. I did get the KitchenAid mixer I'd been wanting for years though! :) I can tell he's needing something expensive for his street rod project! LOL

• littlehelen_gw
    10 years ago

I had pre-ordered Modern Vintage Quilt Revival written by Faith of Fresh lemons, Lee at freshly pieced and Kate at swim,bike quilt and it was due in January...but it arrived in time to go under the tree...what a treat to review all the updated creations. I was surprised to also get a book of Japanese
    Quilt blocks. DH also got me a 60 count thread holder wall hanger thingy...now to get it hung! It was a merry quilty Christmas!
    V.

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living