Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quilt for New Year's Baby

Posted by lindaoh (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 18, 10 at 18:37

My quilt group makes a quilt each year for the first baby born at the local hospital. This year we made disappearing 4 patch blocks early in the year. The blocks were put away and forgotten until last month when we realized we hadn't finished the quilt. My friend Carol volunteered to put them together and I quilted it. Another friend is putting the binding on it. We will be ready for the new year!
Linda OH

Here is a link that might be useful: 2011 New Year's Quilt

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quilt for New Year's Baby

What a cool idea! And what a fun quilt ... I love the disappearing blocks - they always look like they are so hard to make when they really aren't. What kind of a label do you put on the quilt??

Sue/polardream

o

Sue, I made a label on my embroidery machine that says:
New Year's Baby 2011
Made by Piecemakers
Quilt Group

Linda

o

What a very nice quilt to make - definitely a wonderful keepsake.

o

What a great idea. That is one of my favoriate quilt blocks, so easy and so impressive. Nice job and good idea. TFS Jayne

o

What a great idea!
This quilt is so nice.
I have made 3 or 4 D9P but never arranged the blocks that way. The sashings give it a whole new wonderful look. I have to try that layout with my next D9P. TFS.

~Geraldine

o

I agree that this is a really nice idea for your guild to do. The pattern chosen, is a fun pattern to make and to the novice seems soooo complicated. We won't tell anyone about the pattern, will we!! The colors are wonderful!

o

What a fun idea and what a lovely quilt!

It must feel great to start out they year giving some love to a random family.

o

I really like the sashing idea. It would also also make a great GAYG.
Beautiful quilt and such a wonderful gift!!!
Rosa

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here