Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kay6271

2011 Block Lotto Greetings

kay6271
13 years ago

The New Year is almost upon us! And with the holidays a warm memory, we'll be able to look forward to a year of quilting creativity and sharing.

We have January and February months' patterns already chosen by previous winners. Each monthly winner has the option of choosing the pattern and color for a later month. I've noticed that many quilters hesitate to join us until they can see a photo of an actual block. Since these often aren't posted until mid-month, that only leaves about a week for someone to jump in and get blocks sewn and mailed for receipt by the end of the month.

So, for 2011, I'm going to ask that when a winner opts to choose a future block, that choice AND a sample block be received by the moderator by the first of the month prior to that lotto. If not received, then I'll have time to choose and make up a sample block for posting by about mid-month. I've made a sample block of January & February's patterns to post. So, this will start with March's pattern choice.

Don't forget that you can explore our Google Docs pages. They contain a history of blocks from the beginning of 2009. Photos are posted where available. From 2010 forward, the pages also include the forum names of the person who chose the block and the winner. And, where available, there are links from the block name to the pattern. The Google Docs Directory link is posted below.

Happy Holidays to all and may we all have fewer UFO's by the end of the year!

Here is a link that might be useful: Lotto Google Docs Pages

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Land & Water Design
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
VA's Modern & Intentional Outdoor Living Spaces | 16x Best of Houzz