Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
2011 Block Lotto Greetings

Posted by kay_in_pa (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 20, 10 at 18:11

The New Year is almost upon us! And with the holidays a warm memory, we'll be able to look forward to a year of quilting creativity and sharing.

We have January and February months' patterns already chosen by previous winners. Each monthly winner has the option of choosing the pattern and color for a later month. I've noticed that many quilters hesitate to join us until they can see a photo of an actual block. Since these often aren't posted until mid-month, that only leaves about a week for someone to jump in and get blocks sewn and mailed for receipt by the end of the month.

So, for 2011, I'm going to ask that when a winner opts to choose a future block, that choice AND a sample block be received by the moderator by the first of the month prior to that lotto. If not received, then I'll have time to choose and make up a sample block for posting by about mid-month. I've made a sample block of January & February's patterns to post. So, this will start with March's pattern choice.

Don't forget that you can explore our Google Docs pages. They contain a history of blocks from the beginning of 2009. Photos are posted where available. From 2010 forward, the pages also include the forum names of the person who chose the block and the winner. And, where available, there are links from the block name to the pattern. The Google Docs Directory link is posted below.

Happy Holidays to all and may we all have fewer UFO's by the end of the year!

Here is a link that might be useful: Lotto Google Docs Pages

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 2011 Block Lotto Greetings

Kay, you are incredible! I think it's a great idea - I'm sorry I didn't do that for the January block. The one you made is beautiful!

Thanks you in advance for continuing to moderate.
Sue/polardream

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here