Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ritaweeda

What Quilting Goodies did Santa Bring??!!

ritaweeda
12 years ago

I got a Joann's gift certificate and a new Ott-Lite with the magnifier. Woo-Hoo! I just asked for the magnifier which I thought you could get and just attach it to the floor-stand light which I already had. DH said they didn't have just the magnifier except for a tiny one, so he bought the complete floor stand light and magnifier. If I had known that I wouldn't have mentioned it. But I guess I can find use for two of them. I just hate that he had to spend all that money. I will wait on blowing (and I do intend to blow it all) of the gift certificate next weekend, they are having a huge sale and I have a coupon for 10 percent off even on sale items.

Comments (18)

• cannahavana
    12 years ago

No quilty items, but I did get a gift certificate for my favorite local yarn store from my favorite MIL! Gotta go warm up the knitting needles...

Rebecca

• msmeow
    12 years ago

I also got a JoAnn's gift card, wrapped in 2 fat quarters and a big shopping bag.

Donna

• nannykins
    12 years ago

I got two long quarters. (I think that is what they are called. 9"xWOF). One pack is bright and light, the other has slightly darker prints.
    And a meter each of 3 other fabrics.
    RE Ott Light. I have 2 floor lamps, one beside the sewing machine and the other is next to the ironing board. What a difference they make.
    Theresa

• jackier123
    12 years ago

I didn't get anything just quilty, but I did get quite a few Amazon gift cards which I plan to use for some quilt patterns that I have been wanting.

Jackie

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    12 years ago

I also received a Joann's gift cert plus some red, white and blue fat quarters and a jelly roll of gorgeous orange and complimentary fabric. Can't wait to use it!

• karpet
    12 years ago

I got a new chair for sewing that leans forward and has the 'waterfall' front on the seat so it won't cut off the circulation behind my knees - I'm so excited! Having short legs, I get used to chairs that if I sit all the way back in I can swing my feet. I've been using a dining room chair from my grandparent's dining set when I sew.
    Karlene

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

I was thrilled with my quilty gifts! I now have the two rulers I need for the Bonnie Hunter mystery quilt: easy angle ruler and companion ruler. And I received a copy of Jinny Beyer's book on hand quilting that DH Jim had signed and personalized! That man HAS been paying attention!

{{!gwi}}

Kate

• nanajayne
    12 years ago

I rec. a great ins. book;"Scrap Basket Sensations" by Kim Bracket. A marking pen that disappears with heat, from Pilot called Frixion ball point. I tried it and it worked but reluctant to use it on a top. Has anyone experience with it? Also some chalk markers and ruler. All very useable.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    12 years ago

Jayne, I have both a black and red FriXion. Like you, I'm kind of hesitant to use the black one, but have been using the red one for my redwork and really like it! I can see the lines very well and the red line is covered with the red thread as it's very thin. The line does disappear with heat, but I'm told it comes back with cold.....haven't tried it, so don't really know.

SharonG/FL

• jennifer_in_va
    12 years ago

Nothing too quilty for me. DH & I don't exchange anymore.

I did get a quilt inspirations type book from a friend and a Kitchen Aid Stand mixer!!

Oh, and gall bladder surgery...guess I should count that since it had a significant impact on Christmas this year.

All is good.

• calliope
    12 years ago

Dh and I decided to spare each other the 'going out to shop for something you may not want or need' experience this year. We've just decided to wait until the mad rush settles down in the stores and go out and buy ourselves a goodie. I need a new purse, and I'm sure to want something quilt-related from the fabric store when they start marking down for clearance. I already bought a new, more powerful sewing machine a month ago......so I'm not feeling particularly 'needy' in that respect. My Dear G'son pulled my name in the family gift exchange, and got me a gift certificate to the local kitchen store. I have to admit I am as addicted to cooking as I am sewing, and I'm sure I'll have fun shopping there.

• toolgranny
    12 years ago

I got an unexpected gift from an unexpected source and was very touched. My son bought a quilt rack at a garage sale. He knew enough to recognize it from one I have. He took it all apart and got all the pieces into a large suitcase and flew it with him from Denver and reassembled it xmas eve and put it under the tree. I was so surprised and grateful. It will always be special.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    12 years ago

Jennifer, I hope you were able to have the easy surgery and you have a smooth recovery.

Calliope, I could spend lots of time in those kitchen stores. There are all kinds of neat things there.

TG/Linda, What a special thing your son did. Sometimes we really do get a surprise and are touched forever.

SharonG/FL

• grammyp
    12 years ago

Jen, glad all is good. Keep us posted.

Since Santa brought me sewing machines (and a frame) for 3 Christmases in a row, he took a break this yer. I got KindleFire, but I can download all kinds of quilting goodies.

beverly

• anitastitch
    12 years ago

I didn't get any quilting/sewing stuff, but I did get an IPad from my DH--And he even added the Robert Kaufmann quilting ap. Using a Barns & Nobel gift card I got from my mum, I got a little book titled Pocket Posh Tips For Quilters. So, I guess I actually did get some quilting stuff.

• quiltingfox
    12 years ago

Kate that sounds like a cool book to read and that he got it signed is awesome!

I got a gift certificate that I used to buy fabric for a lighthouse quilt at Joann. Over the Christmas holidays at my sister's house my husband said he wanted me to make him a lighthouse quilt, and ... he wanted it to be a 5-year quilt. LOL :-) Guess he has been paying attention to how much time it takes me to make some of the hand-sewn quilts. Hoping to start his quilt later in 2012. Thinking I may have to learn how to do paper piecing for this quilt. Oh an hubby got me the set of "Love Comes Softly" dvds that I can sit on my bed and watch while I hand quilt.

Best to you and Happy New Year!,
    Sandra

• lindaoh_gw
    12 years ago

The only quilty gift I received was the book, "Another Bite of Schnibbles" 24 quilts from 5" and 10" squares by Carrie Nelson. I did get a new desktop computer. My DH, DD and DSIL went together to get it. My SIL set it up and transferred everything from my old computer for me.
    Happy New Year to everyone!
    Linda OH

• mzstitch
    12 years ago

I got the book Beautiful Botanicals by Deborah Kemball. The book is full of beautiful applique patterns with a Jacobean feel. I can't decide what to do first, but sadly I have to finish my present projects first!!

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022