Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gininmn

Oldies forum

gininmn
16 years ago

I started reading several posts near top of GW QF list thinking I'd be learning about some new applique methods, when the old deja vu bulb started to glow. Finally looked at dates of original post and discovered they were oldies. Kind of like tuning into a "oldies but goodies" radio station. ha ha

~Ginny

Comments (14)

• laurainsdca
    16 years ago

One time I did that when someone had brought some old threads to the top and I was reading one thinking -- WOW, that person is JUST LIKE ME! That is EXACTLY what I think!!! And then I saw it was one of my own posts, LOL!
    She's Brilliant...!

Glad I didn't read it and think -- who IS this moron??? Ha ha. (For the record, I've never actually read something and thought that.)

• noocha
    16 years ago

MaryLiz, are you trying to resurrect a kinda dead thread? Or the whole forum?
    Just curious on this wet yucky day & night.

• scraphappy
    16 years ago

Why are all these old threads coming back to the surface? One of them actually caused alot of bad feelings to many.

• sunnycentralfl
    16 years ago

Maybe the last post at, or near, the end of the old threads is the one who brought it back to the top for whatever reason...just look for the current date......just thinking out loud...

Gwen - who should be sewing away and not on the net

• smokiescrafter
    16 years ago

These have been on here once before and do not like reading them again and again. I will go where there are
    more current post on quilting to read, not old stuff that someone decided to drag up.

• love2sew
    16 years ago

Maryliz has pulled up quite a few and for my behalf I believe because I have mentioned my struggles with applique. Several of the old posts refer to applique, so Maryliz, thank you for trying to help me in my frustrations and I am on to buying some glue!!!
    Jean

• grammyp
    16 years ago

I wish there was a way to catalog these hints and helps so they don't fall off the end of the board. It gets hard to find them sometimes. Guess I need to start me a book.

beverly

• gininmn
    Original Author
    16 years ago

There's a much better way to make information from existing posts readily accessible than pulling an old link to the top of the forum. That is to use "clip this post" into your clippings on your page. Set it to public and perhaps add a note on contents. Clipper then simply can direct others to her "My Page" "My Clippings." For example where you, love2sew, mentioned struggles with applique, Maryliz could refer you to her clippings (assuming she has clipped them & set to public) of these old threads. You click on the post name and it takes you to that post.

• wendyfaye
    16 years ago

One more vote of disappointment here. I certainly don't mind an old post reappearing if it specifically applies to something current, but to find a whole page full of old posts was a real downer last night.

Faye

• vicky4x4
    16 years ago

I've tried to stay out of any posts that are critical because I have to work on my critical spirit but I have to agree I was also disappointed with all the past posts. One or two a day wouldn't be bad but it was too many yesterday.

Vicky

• toolgranny
    16 years ago

Ladies, we have the choice to ignore them when we see the originating date is that old. Old tips help some, bore others. But, life is too short to worry about it or let it bother us.

Keep warm out there and have a Merry Christmas!
    Linda

• bettyatp
    16 years ago

funny!!

• nanajayne
    16 years ago

Much ado about nothing. I agree with toolgranny,there is nothing that says a post has to be opened and the date is there. I think some of the old information would be lost to the new people if someone hadn't brought it back. It might have been easier if it were spread over a few days, but what the heck, the thought was good. Jayne

• kathi_mdgd
    16 years ago

I didn't realize they were old post til i clicked on a couple links and they came up"web page can't be found".After about the 3rd time of doing that,then i finally realized they were old post.Now i check the date first.
    Kathi