Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
OT Twirly skirts

Posted by salijo (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 28, 11 at 17:57

I posted earlier that I was making twirly skirts for two of my granddaughters and the half sister of one of my other granddaughters. I finished them in plenty of time for Christmas. They all were just a tad big on them, but I guess that means they'll be able to wear them longer!
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Salijo

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: OT Twirly skirts

Very CUTE!
Is this pattern on the web?

o

So adorable... and the skirts are sweet too. Very nice work, salijo.

o

So cute! I didn't know what a twirly skirt was! I like the colors. The girls just look so giggly happy. Nice job!

o

Thanks! I bought the pattern online at www.youcanmakethis.com along with some other skirts and tops. You just buy them on the website and download them. Since it has been so long since I've sewn clothing, I thought I would start with the simplest pattern before going on to some of the more involved ones....some of which are really big for twirling!

Here is a link that might be useful: youcanmakethis.com

o
RE: OT Twirly skirts,,,another link

Here's a direct link to the twirl skirt patterns.

Here is a link that might be useful: twirl skirts

o

Cute, cute, cute! I want a little girl in our family! All we have are boys.

o

Sue, Sally made some really cute outfits for her 2 boys when they were little but I think she's having a ball sewing for her grandgirls.....IMO, girls clothing is easier (and more fun) to sew.

SharonG/FL

o

ROFL.....yeah, I made them matching green corduroy knickers with suspender straps. Bought rust/green plaid shirts and beige newsboy caps for them. Then to complete the "look"....I bought beige ladies' knee-high cable knit socks, cut the foot in half and resewed them back closed and then rigged up something to keep them up....probably sewed them onto underwear or something.

I don't think I'll ever do anything like that again. If I remember, it wasn't that easy.

Salijo

o

My youngest is 25 and she would love those. Thanks for the link.

beverly

o

So cute! I love the peasant dress on the website. My DD is getting to "old" for girly stuff like that. "sigh"

Rebecca

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here