Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
magothyrivergirl

Anyone familar w/ Beverlys?

magothyrivergirl
13 years ago

They have some really good prices - does anyone have experience or know anything about the quality of the quilting fabrics?

Here is a link that might be useful: Beverlys

Comments (8)

• toolgranny
    13 years ago

My Beverly's store is a favorite. They have quilt shop quality fabric at about $1-$2 per yd less than the LQS. I've never ordered online fabric, just other stuff.

In our store, they have rows of batiks, rows of polka dots, rows of 30s - stuff all sorted out for me. I like their fabrics.

• magothyrivergirl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thank you - I just spent $125.00 - It sounds like a great place to shop.

Bali pops are $23.09. I made a few quilts for presents using jelly rolls - it definitely was faster. I think it is good to keep a few on hand for making the strip quilts.

• imrainey
    13 years ago

Never heard of Beverly's before but turns out there's one about 45 minutes from my house. I'll have to pop in if I have occasion to be in that area in the future.

Thanks for the tip! I think it's great if Joanne's gets some competition.

• kathi_mdgd
    13 years ago

I have, i worked for them for 10 years here in s.ca.They have great fabrics,alex henry,modas,hoffmans,etc,etc.They also sell springmaid and some of the cheaper lines also.

When they were here,they started bringing in a lot of craft stuff also,some of it we liked,some of it we didn't,but they didn't really ask us,as they were the owners.

Beverly herself is a very sweet woman,and she runs the business with her dh and sons.

They will go out of their way to find special fabrics if requested.

When i worked for them,they didn't hire anyone unless you could sew,and if you did other crafts,quilting that was a bonus.Someone told me they no longer go that far,but i don't know for sure.

They closed all the s.Ca stores except the one in san diego(balboa) Don't know if that's still open or not.

I have tons of their fabric and it was a fun and great place to work!!JMO
    Kathi

• imrainey
    13 years ago

Does that mean the Canyon Country store north of the San Fernando Valley probably is not really still there? Bummer!

• magothyrivergirl
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I added a link to their locations - I'm on the East Coast, so none near me :)
    They already shipped my order -yea!
    Kathi - how fun to work in a huge fabric store - I did too for many years....in fact almost 30 years ago, after my son was born, I worked part time at a Joann's when they were only a small fabric store in a local strip center. They are a completely different company now.
    Thanks for sharing your personal experience.

Here is a link that might be useful: Locations

• kathi_mdgd
    13 years ago

I see they've added more crafty type stuff to what they sell,like beading,crochet,knitting etc,also see the san diego store is still open.

I'm rainey,the canyon county store is still listed so is probably still there.
    Kathi

• toolgranny
    13 years ago

Faithful to Beverly's, I couldn't pass up their sale today. All fabric today and tomorrow, the 2nd, is 25% off. Lots of other stuff on sale but quilting fabric is about all I notice. I stocked up.