Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
cutting mat carrier

Posted by buteau3rd (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 8, 08 at 17:25

Has anyone ever heard of or seen a bag to carry a mat to class. The one I heard about had pockets to hold cutter, ruler, etc.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: cutting mat carrier

Dont know your mat size but here is a free pattern.
Red

Here is a link that might be useful: cutting mat carrier

o
RE: cutting mat carrier to buy

here is one to buy!
Red

Here is a link that might be useful: carrier

o

Thanks redpenny! That was just what I was looking for...pattern and general directions . And so fast.
Always, the best place to start looking for information is right here on the forum......Marge

o

I just bought my daughter a mat, ruler, cutter and a few extra fancy cutter wheels for Christmas. A great way to keep it all together.. I am going out and find some fabric to make one. I think I will put a few snaps at the top to close. Maybe make it out of some demin. She would like that.. I can see different size pockets on each side . She will love it that Ole Mom made it..

Susie

o

I was going to show a pic of one I made a few years ago when I was going to a quilt guild but couldn't come up with the pattern. It is simular to the one posted by Red but has a few more pockets. I did mine in pre-quilted fabric on the out side and cordinating fabric on the inside. It folds in half with handles. It was useful to travel with. Jayne

o

I just made a tote a few inches larger than my mat. I used the nylon window screening to make zippered pockets to hold stuff in. I'll try to get a picture and post it in the next couple of days.
Carolyn

o

I hope this pic will work. I used nylon window screening to make see-thru pockets, compartments and zippered pockets. I just measured my mat and made it a few inches larger.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mat Tote

o

I made one using the Fons & Porters pattern in the Summer 2008 Easy Quilts magazine. There is a kit available on their site but I used my own fabric. It was very easy.

Here is a link that might be useful: F&P Kit

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here