Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Shakespeare in the Park

Posted by fran1523 (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 5, 08 at 17:20

Since so many people want to make this pattern, I thought I would share my version. I've posted it before but not for a year or more.
Shakespeare in the Park

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Shakespeare in the Park

I love your salmon/persimmon colors! I'm actually starting to collect some fabrics of those colors right now. I don't know for sure what I'm going to do with them yet.
Salijo

o

We've now seen it in blue and in red and it's just stunning each way. Beautiful job. If I saw it before, I'd forgotten.

o

Yes, I remember it! Yours and Donna's were the ones that inspired me to want to make one. Now I just need to get the book to get the pattern.

Rebecca

o

I didn't see yours before and it is just beautiful Fran. I love the colors you used. Thanks for showing it again.
Jean

o

I hadn't seen this pattern until it was posted recently. I love it and your version is beautiful! Thanks for posting it!

Kate

o

I love it and your colors, Fran. I've been wanting to make one but thought I'd wait until I get a little more quilting experience under my belt. I have been collecting aqua and teal fabrics and am thinking of pairing them with pale yellows or beige or ???
Marcia

o

Fran, Love your quilt, those colors are outstanding. I have also seen a blue one somewhere, maybe here.. Did you use the Judy Martin pattern mentioned on another post??

o

Fran, your quilt is just beautiful. Great job!

o

Yours is beautiful. I'm starting mine right after the holiday break. I'm going to paper piece the snail trail block. I don't understand the directions in Judy Martins book so I'll use her picture as a pattern.

Vicky

o

Yeah,that one is beautiful. I've been wondering about the pattern name. On Judy Martin's website there are a lot of pics of it in different colors.

TFS.

Hope the link works. Scroll half-way down down the page.
~Geraldine
http://www.judymartin.com/Viewer-Photos.cfm

o

Lovely, Fran! Those colors make a great combination!

Teresa

o

Your quilt is beautiful! You have inspired me to make one. I have ordered a variety of batiks and will probably use them. I also went to Judy's site and ordered the book for DH to give me for Christmas. (That's one way to get what you want.lol)
Linda OH

o

I am glad you posted again. I remembered you had before but I had forgotten what it was like. I searched for a long time Thus. nite trying to find what it was like as so many wanted to make it but couldn't find it. Like the colors and it is an interesting pattern but I don't seem to have a lot of luck with the snales trail pattern. Not sure why. Yours is beautiful though. TFS. Jayne

o

I love this quilt - can you tell me where i can find tbe design as i would love to attempt this one.

o

Fran, yours is beautiful!

I made this one for my niece's HS graduation in her favorite colors:

Shakespeare in the Park

It's a Judy Martin pattern...it was published in Quilter's Newsletter Magazine several years ago, as well as in one of Judy's books.

Donna

o

Donna, your's is just beautiful as well. I love the colors. I'll go through my old magazines and see if I have it.

o

Actually I think it was Fons & Porter. I have the pattern from the magazine and would be happy to mail it to anyone who wants it because I also have the book..."Creative Pattern Book" by Judy Martin. The star in the magazine version is slightly different from the one in the book, but everything else is the same.

o

Which F&P month? I may already have it and not realize it.

Rebecca

o

Rebecca, it was July/August 2005.

o

Thanks Fran. Nope I don't have it. That was the summer before I started quilting.

Rebecca

o

Rebecca, I'll check my F&P magazines and see if I have it.

Teresa

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here