Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
fran1523

Shakespeare in the Park

fran1523
15 years ago

Since so many people want to make this pattern, I thought I would share my version. I've posted it before but not for a year or more.

Comments (21)

• salijo
    15 years ago

I love your salmon/persimmon colors! I'm actually starting to collect some fabrics of those colors right now. I don't know for sure what I'm going to do with them yet.
    Salijo

• toolgranny
    15 years ago

We've now seen it in blue and in red and it's just stunning each way. Beautiful job. If I saw it before, I'd forgotten.

• cannahavana
    15 years ago

Yes, I remember it! Yours and Donna's were the ones that inspired me to want to make one. Now I just need to get the book to get the pattern.

Rebecca

• love2sew
    15 years ago

I didn't see yours before and it is just beautiful Fran. I love the colors you used. Thanks for showing it again.
    Jean

• solstice98
    15 years ago

I hadn't seen this pattern until it was posted recently. I love it and your version is beautiful! Thanks for posting it!

Kate

• marcia_m
    15 years ago

I love it and your colors, Fran. I've been wanting to make one but thought I'd wait until I get a little more quilting experience under my belt. I have been collecting aqua and teal fabrics and am thinking of pairing them with pale yellows or beige or ???
    Marcia

• smokiescrafter
    15 years ago

Fran, Love your quilt, those colors are outstanding. I have also seen a blue one somewhere, maybe here.. Did you use the Judy Martin pattern mentioned on another post??

• Kathy_TX
    15 years ago

Fran, your quilt is just beautiful. Great job!

• vicky4x4
    15 years ago

Yours is beautiful. I'm starting mine right after the holiday break. I'm going to paper piece the snail trail block. I don't understand the directions in Judy Martins book so I'll use her picture as a pattern.

Vicky

• day2day
    15 years ago

Yeah,that one is beautiful. I've been wondering about the pattern name. On Judy Martin's website there are a lot of pics of it in different colors.

TFS.

Hope the link works. Scroll half-way down down the page.
    ~Geraldine
    http://www.judymartin.com/Viewer-Photos.cfm

• teresa_nc7
    15 years ago

Lovely, Fran! Those colors make a great combination!

Teresa

• lindaoh_gw
    15 years ago

Your quilt is beautiful! You have inspired me to make one. I have ordered a variety of batiks and will probably use them. I also went to Judy's site and ordered the book for DH to give me for Christmas. (That's one way to get what you want.lol)
    Linda OH

• nanajayne
    15 years ago

I am glad you posted again. I remembered you had before but I had forgotten what it was like. I searched for a long time Thus. nite trying to find what it was like as so many wanted to make it but couldn't find it. Like the colors and it is an interesting pattern but I don't seem to have a lot of luck with the snales trail pattern. Not sure why. Yours is beautiful though. TFS. Jayne

• annabelle1941
    15 years ago

I love this quilt - can you tell me where i can find tbe design as i would love to attempt this one.

• msmeow
    15 years ago

Fran, yours is beautiful!

I made this one for my niece's HS graduation in her favorite colors:

It's a Judy Martin pattern...it was published in Quilter's Newsletter Magazine several years ago, as well as in one of Judy's books.

Donna

• toolgranny
    15 years ago

Donna, your's is just beautiful as well. I love the colors. I'll go through my old magazines and see if I have it.

• fran1523
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Actually I think it was Fons & Porter. I have the pattern from the magazine and would be happy to mail it to anyone who wants it because I also have the book..."Creative Pattern Book" by Judy Martin. The star in the magazine version is slightly different from the one in the book, but everything else is the same.

• cannahavana
    15 years ago

Which F&P month? I may already have it and not realize it.

Rebecca

• fran1523
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Rebecca, it was July/August 2005.

• cannahavana
    15 years ago

Thanks Fran. Nope I don't have it. That was the summer before I started quilting.

Rebecca

• teresa_nc7
    15 years ago

Rebecca, I'll check my F&P magazines and see if I have it.

Teresa

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz