Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Piece of Cake - Jan 23rd - Andrea (dragonflyUSC)

Posted by tinyteena (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 13, 10 at 17:14

Hi! Just starting a thread for everyone in the Piece of Cake group to post their messages to Andrea about sending their blocks and for Andrea to post about receiving her blocks. All blocks should be received by Andrea's birthday. If for some reason you are unable to do this, you must email Andrea and Jeanne(or myself) and explain why.

Kristene (TinyTeena)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Piece of Cake - Jan 23rd - Andrea (dragonflyUSC)

Andrea, I know it's early but I'm going to mail your block on Monday. I made it today and am afraid if I don't send it now I'll forget to do it closer to your birthday! (Yes, I really am that disorganized.)

Kate

o

Andrea,

Your block is starting on its way today!
Happy Birthday!

Kay

o

Just bumping back onto 1st page again

Kristene (tinyteena)

o

Hi guys,

Kate and Kay, your blocks both arrived safely! I got Kate's right before I left for Christmas so I was able to show it off to my mom (sandlapper_rose). Kay's showed up sometime last week. I kept putting off posting so I could take a picture but it appears to have disappeared into the post-Christmas mess. I'll keep looking at post a picture of them sometime soon! They're both beautiful and will work great for what I want to do with them.

Thanks so much,
Andrea

o

Just bumping this thread up to the top of the page again.

Kristene (Tinyteena)

o

Andrea,
I mailed your block on Friday, so it should arrive early next week.

Teresa

o

Teresa, your block got here on Saturday so that was super fast! I guess I shouldn't be too surprised considering it didn't have very far to go. :) Thank you, it's lovely!

o

Andrea, I took your block to the post office this morning, before our snowstorm arrives from the South~ which you all could have kept!

o

Andrea, Cut the fabric yesterday and plan to piece it up tomorrow. Worked on baby quilt today. We are expecting our first grandson any day. Hopefully we will have some news tomorrow. You will have your block by your birthday.
Darlene

o

Andrea, I will put your block in the mail tomorrow morning.
Linda

o

My block for Andrea has been completed also... waiting for the ice, etc. to be gone before I head to the post office. With our cold temperatures in SC, it has been a long wait. Tomorrow will be the 4th day that the public schools are closed. The children will be unhappy when those extra make up days get added to the school year - teachers, too, I'm sure.
(Many of you know, she is my daughter so I have a bit more shopping to do in order to get her "birthday package" together!)
Jeanne

o

Marsha and Virginia, your blocks are here! I'm having so much fun seeing how everyone put them together.

Everyone's done a great job on the colors. Several of you have said that you really liked the block. I hope that means it was a "piece of cake" to put together!

Work is very stressful for me right now so I really enjoy getting a block in the mail every couple of days. Thanks again, everyone!

o

It is so enjoyable sewing BD blocks that go together nicely and quickly~but it is so much more fun to receive them!!!
heehee - YES, it was a piece of cake to put together:)

I am happy to hear it is allowing some "special me" time to beak up the stress!

o

Sue, your block arrived today! Perfect Gamecock colors! :)

o

Linda and Cindy, yours arrived yesterday! Thanks again everyone!

o

Andrea, I had planned to make your block last weekend but my daughter went into labor and now we have our first grandchild.A Boy! I will make your block this weekend and get it in the mail on Monday. Have a great birthday!
Darlene

o

Darlene, congratulations on your new grandson. I'll bet he is cute as can be! I hope he and his mother are doing great.
Jeanne

o

I managed to successfully guess which of the very pink presents sandlapper_rose sent me was my block and can now accurately report that I received it. :) I really like the black and red fabric you used on the sides!

Darlene, no worries! I'm heading out of town on Wednesday for my sister's baby shower so I know how distracting babies can be. :)

o

Pat's block arrived today. :) Thanks, Pat!

o

Happy Birthday to you.
Happy Birthday to you.
Happy Birthday, dear Andrea.
Happy Birthday to you!

Happy Birthday wishes from all of the quilters in the Piece of Cake group and the rest of the Birthday Block Exchange folks.

In honor of this being your birthday, you can be our quilter of the day!

Photobucket

Have a wonderful day!

o

Happy Birthday!!! Enjoy your special day!

o

Happy Birthday Andrea!
Linda OH

o

Happy Birthday Andrea,
I mailed your block on Tuesday. I hope you like it. I made one for me too.
My grandson and daughter are doing well. They are staying with us so we are enjoying them both.
Happy Birhtday,
Darlene

o

Just bumping back to page 1

Kristene (tinyteena)

o

hello
andrea I'm comming in behind on this group and I understand you didnt get you block for your birthday, I'm first going to get feb blocks done then I will get jan blocks done hopfully before the end of feb.
I hope this is ok.
michelle

o

Thanks everyone!

Darlene, I got your block when I got back from visiting my sister. Thank you very much!

Michelle, take your time! I'm still finishing up turning my blocks from last year into a quilt top so I want to finish that up before I start assembling this years. :)

o

hello
with all of us gonna be snowed in for a few days I should be able to get some blocks done this week, just sit sew and watch it snow, wow it evan rymes.

I started hand quilting my king size quilt I made with last years birthday blocks. I posted a pick of the finnished top on my face book album.

well lets just hope the power stays on, I dont hand piece. LOL

happy quilting
michelle

o

hello andrea
your block will be going in the mail today.
so happy belated birthday
michelle

o

Hi Michelle,

I got your block.

Thanks everyone for all my awesome blocks. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here