Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tinyteena

Piece of Cake - Jan 23rd - Andrea (dragonflyUSC)

Kristene Smith
13 years ago

Hi! Just starting a thread for everyone in the Piece of Cake group to post their messages to Andrea about sending their blocks and for Andrea to post about receiving her blocks. All blocks should be received by Andrea's birthday. If for some reason you are unable to do this, you must email Andrea and Jeanne(or myself) and explain why.

Kristene (TinyTeena)

Comments (29)

• K8Orlando
    13 years ago

Andrea, I know it's early but I'm going to mail your block on Monday. I made it today and am afraid if I don't send it now I'll forget to do it closer to your birthday! (Yes, I really am that disorganized.)

Kate

• User
    13 years ago

Andrea,

Your block is starting on its way today!
    Happy Birthday!

Kay

• Kristene Smith
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Just bumping back onto 1st page again

Kristene (tinyteena)

• dragonflyusc
    13 years ago

Hi guys,

Kate and Kay, your blocks both arrived safely! I got Kate's right before I left for Christmas so I was able to show it off to my mom (sandlapper_rose). Kay's showed up sometime last week. I kept putting off posting so I could take a picture but it appears to have disappeared into the post-Christmas mess. I'll keep looking at post a picture of them sometime soon! They're both beautiful and will work great for what I want to do with them.

Thanks so much,
    Andrea

• Kristene Smith
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Just bumping this thread up to the top of the page again.

Kristene (Tinyteena)

• teresa_nc7
    13 years ago

Andrea,
    I mailed your block on Friday, so it should arrive early next week.

Teresa

• dragonflyusc
    13 years ago

Teresa, your block got here on Saturday so that was super fast! I guess I shouldn't be too surprised considering it didn't have very far to go. :) Thank you, it's lovely!

• magothyrivergirl
    13 years ago

Andrea, I took your block to the post office this morning, before our snowstorm arrives from the South~ which you all could have kept!

• chickie1
    13 years ago

Andrea, Cut the fabric yesterday and plan to piece it up tomorrow. Worked on baby quilt today. We are expecting our first grandson any day. Hopefully we will have some news tomorrow. You will have your block by your birthday.
    Darlene

• lindaoh_gw
    13 years ago

Andrea, I will put your block in the mail tomorrow morning.
    Linda

• sandlapper_rose
    13 years ago

My block for Andrea has been completed also... waiting for the ice, etc. to be gone before I head to the post office. With our cold temperatures in SC, it has been a long wait. Tomorrow will be the 4th day that the public schools are closed. The children will be unhappy when those extra make up days get added to the school year - teachers, too, I'm sure.
    (Many of you know, she is my daughter so I have a bit more shopping to do in order to get her "birthday package" together!)
    Jeanne

• dragonflyusc
    13 years ago

Marsha and Virginia, your blocks are here! I'm having so much fun seeing how everyone put them together.

Everyone's done a great job on the colors. Several of you have said that you really liked the block. I hope that means it was a "piece of cake" to put together!

Work is very stressful for me right now so I really enjoy getting a block in the mail every couple of days. Thanks again, everyone!

• magothyrivergirl
    13 years ago

It is so enjoyable sewing BD blocks that go together nicely and quickly~but it is so much more fun to receive them!!!
    heehee - YES, it was a piece of cake to put together:)

I am happy to hear it is allowing some "special me" time to beak up the stress!

• dragonflyusc
    13 years ago

Sue, your block arrived today! Perfect Gamecock colors! :)

• dragonflyusc
    13 years ago

Linda and Cindy, yours arrived yesterday! Thanks again everyone!

• chickie1
    13 years ago

Andrea, I had planned to make your block last weekend but my daughter went into labor and now we have our first grandchild.A Boy! I will make your block this weekend and get it in the mail on Monday. Have a great birthday!
    Darlene

• sandlapper_rose
    13 years ago

Darlene, congratulations on your new grandson. I'll bet he is cute as can be! I hope he and his mother are doing great.
    Jeanne

• dragonflyusc
    13 years ago

I managed to successfully guess which of the very pink presents sandlapper_rose sent me was my block and can now accurately report that I received it. :) I really like the black and red fabric you used on the sides!

Darlene, no worries! I'm heading out of town on Wednesday for my sister's baby shower so I know how distracting babies can be. :)

• dragonflyusc
    13 years ago

Pat's block arrived today. :) Thanks, Pat!

• sandlapper_rose
    13 years ago

Happy Birthday to you.
    Happy Birthday to you.
    Happy Birthday, dear Andrea.
    Happy Birthday to you!

Happy Birthday wishes from all of the quilters in the Piece of Cake group and the rest of the Birthday Block Exchange folks.

In honor of this being your birthday, you can be our quilter of the day!

Have a wonderful day!

• magothyrivergirl
    13 years ago

Happy Birthday!!! Enjoy your special day!

• lindaoh_gw
    13 years ago

Happy Birthday Andrea!
    Linda OH

• chickie1
    13 years ago

Happy Birthday Andrea,
    I mailed your block on Tuesday. I hope you like it. I made one for me too.
    My grandson and daughter are doing well. They are staying with us so we are enjoying them both.
    Happy Birhtday,
    Darlene

• Kristene Smith
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Just bumping back to page 1

Kristene (tinyteena)

• Michelle Reynolds
    13 years ago

hello
    andrea I'm comming in behind on this group and I understand you didnt get you block for your birthday, I'm first going to get feb blocks done then I will get jan blocks done hopfully before the end of feb.
    I hope this is ok.
    michelle

• dragonflyusc
    13 years ago

Thanks everyone!

Darlene, I got your block when I got back from visiting my sister. Thank you very much!

Michelle, take your time! I'm still finishing up turning my blocks from last year into a quilt top so I want to finish that up before I start assembling this years. :)

• Michelle Reynolds
    13 years ago

hello
    with all of us gonna be snowed in for a few days I should be able to get some blocks done this week, just sit sew and watch it snow, wow it evan rymes.

I started hand quilting my king size quilt I made with last years birthday blocks. I posted a pick of the finnished top on my face book album.

well lets just hope the power stays on, I dont hand piece. LOL

happy quilting
    michelle

• Michelle Reynolds
    13 years ago

hello andrea
    your block will be going in the mail today.
    so happy belated birthday
    michelle

• dragonflyusc
    13 years ago

Hi Michelle,

I got your block.

Thanks everyone for all my awesome blocks. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine!

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County