Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tinyteena

Piece of Cake - Jan 3rd - Sue (polardream)

Kristene Smith
13 years ago

Hi! Just starting a thread for everyone in the Piece of Cake Group to post their messages to Sue about sending their blocks and for Sue to respond. Remember, all blocks should be received by Sue's birthday. Communication by email to Sue and Jeanne( or myself) is necessary if some reason prevents this happening.

Kristene (TinyTeena)

Comments (29)

• polardream
    13 years ago

Hi everyone - just thought I would let you know that I will be gone the entire month of January so you don't need to go nuts trying to get my block sent by the 3rd. We are going to spend the month in Arizona where it's warm and head back to Colorado the first part of February.
    Sue

• sandlapper_rose
    13 years ago

Hi, Sue -
    I just completed your block and will be mailing it tomorrow. It should get to you before you leave for Arizona. I have looked at that block so many times and almost picked it for the block I would select so it was fun to finally make it for someone!

Aren't you smart getting away from the cold! I lived in New York for about half of my years so I miss the snow, but we do get some every now and then and when we do I can sit and watch the snowflakes for hours. Guess it's good it doesn't happen too often - another reason for me to get nothing done. LOL

Jeanne

• chickie1
    13 years ago

Oh Sue!
    You just made my day. We are expecting our first grandchild on Jan. 6ish and I haven't started your block yet. I was planning to do it this week but I'm behind on Christmas quilts...eek! So enjoy your trip and your block will be waiting for you when you get back.
    Merry Christmas!
    Darlene - Chickie1

• toolgranny
    13 years ago

I'll wish you a happy birthday early since you'll be gone. You have the same birthday as a certain public defender down in Boulder that you've met.

Have a good holiday and a wonderful vacation in warmer climates.

Linda

• polardream
    13 years ago

Jeanne - I wanted to let you know that your package arrived today! Anxiously awaiting for January.

Sue

• sandlapper_rose
    13 years ago

Thanks for letting me know, Sue. I think the post office is giving faster service than usual this year at holiday time. Hooray for them and for us!
    Darlene, be sure to post of the thread for the General Discussion - Birthday Block Exchange when your grandchild arrives. How exciting! We are supposed to be grandparents for the first time in 2011 - but later in the year.
    Well, time to get busy with the rest of the things that need to be done before Christmas. Can I possibly do that much in a week? LOL
    Jeanne

• K8Orlando
    13 years ago

Sue, I made your pretty block today so I'll be putting it in the mail to you on Monday. I'm sure the postal service is moving slow these days, but you should have it before the end of the month!
    Kate

• kay6271
    13 years ago

Happy Birthday, Sue!

Your block is starting on its way to you today.

Kay

• Kristene Smith
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Just bumping up to 1st page again
    Kristene (tinyteena)

• sandlapper_rose
    13 years ago

Sue,
    You are the first quilter in the 2011 Birthday Block Exchange groups to have a birthday.
    How special is that!
    All of the members want to wish you a very happy birthday. Here is a little message to you from all of us:

{{!gwi}}

Have a wonderful day!
    Jeanne

• toolgranny
    13 years ago

Happy Birthday, Sue. It will be a treat for you to celebrate with your Mom. Have fun.

• kay6271
    13 years ago

Happy Birthday, Sue!
    Enjoy it to the fullest,
    Kay

• polardream
    13 years ago

Thank you for all the birthday wishes. I am having a ball in AZ with my mom. A neighbor gave her 20 garbage bags of fabric, thread & quilting notions! We have been sorting, ironing, & cutting squares for quilts. It has been WONDERFUL. She usually makes at least 6 quilts a month for Project Linus so I have been cutting away. I'm sneaking some of it into my stack to bring home ... :)

I'm looking forward to all my squishes when we go back to Colorado!
    Sue

• lindaoh_gw
    13 years ago

Sue, my squishy should be waiting for you when you get home. I mailed it last Wednesday.
    Linda OH

• cindykg23
    13 years ago

Mine will be waiting for you as well - I forgot to post when I mailed it on the 28th.
    My DIL & I were just discussing AZ today :) & how much more we would enjoy there than here w/the snow falling & everyone either sick or recovering! Warm DRY air sounds heavenly!! Enjoy!! (I know you are:)

• teresa_nc7
    13 years ago

Sue,
    It's down to the teens here in North Carolina tonight, so I hope you are enjoying shirt sleeve weather in AZ! I mailed your block on Friday, so it should be waiting on you when you get home.

Teresa

• Kristene Smith
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Just bumping back onto first page again
    tinyteena

• magothyrivergirl
    13 years ago

Sue, I took your block to the post office today~it should be waiting for you when you arrive home. Pretty block and choice of colors!

• dragonflyusc
    13 years ago

Your block went out yesterday, hope you enjoy it!

• chickie1
    13 years ago

Hi Sue,
    Finally got your block made and plan to mail it tomorrow. I like the colors you picked and the block went together fast. I made one for me using reds.
    Hope you had a great birthday and enjoyed your trip.
    Darlene

• Michelle Reynolds
    13 years ago

hello
    sue I'm just getting started in this group and I understand you didnt get all your birthday blocks. I'm gonna get feb's block done first and then try to get the 2 jan blocks done before the end of feb.
    I hope this is ok
    michelle

• Michelle Reynolds
    13 years ago

hello
    sue
    your block is going in the mail today
    hope you like it
    michelle

• polardream
    13 years ago

We got back late Monday night from Arizona - in a snow storm (what were we thinking!??).

I finally got through sorting mail & had the opportunity to open my birthday blocks and they are beautiful! Thank you everyone. I have received all except yours, Michelle. I'm sure it will be here tomorrow or Saturday - depending on the mail - I will let you know.

I am so excited about this block - it is like a breath of spring around the corner (and with the cold temps here I need that!)

Thank you again to everyone. I will post pictures soon.

Sue/polardream

• polardream
    13 years ago

These are my birthday blocks - I love them and can hardly wait to get started putting them together!
    Sue

{{!gwi}}

• teresa_nc7
    13 years ago

That's going to be gorgeous! Have you thought about your borders?

Teresa

• sandlapper_rose
    13 years ago

That looks great! Thanks for posting the picture. I did not notice that when they go together, it makes a star design from the corners of the four blocks. I love when those "hidden designs" show up!
    Jeanne

• toolgranny
    13 years ago

I love those blocks, Sue. I'm sure you'll make something wonderful with them. Looking forward to seeing the finished product, too.

• lindaoh_gw
    13 years ago

I love the way they go together. That will be a pretty quilt.
    Linda OH

• magothyrivergirl
    13 years ago

Sue, I liked this block alot when I made it - your color choice and ease of sewing was a needed break on a bleak icy snow storming day! It is going to make a very pretty & refreshing quilt.