Houzz Logo Print
karpet_gw

Commission quilt is finished!

karpet
11 years ago

Comments (23)

• maritime_linda
    11 years ago

Oh my....that is sooooo beautiful! It looks very intricate and complicated. You must be very proud of it. I'm sure the person(s) who commissioned it will be thrilled!

• msmeow
    11 years ago

Oh, wow, what a complicated pattern! I hope you make a lot of money on it!

Donna

• minnie_tx
    11 years ago

lovely

• grammyp
    11 years ago

Oh Oh Oh. I want one! That is beautiful!

beverly

• day2day
    11 years ago

Beautiful quilt...looks like it was a difficult pattern.
    TFS.

~Geraldine

• loisflan
    11 years ago

Very beautiful! I love the intricacy of the center and the simplicity of the surroundings. And the subtle colors. A job well done.

• nannykins
    11 years ago

Bravo!!!!!
    Theresa

• calliope
    11 years ago

Oh my stars, and that is just what it is. Who would not love this work? I so admire people with the courage to take on something like this on commission. wow.

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    11 years ago

Oh my goodness! The talent you have to be able to do a quilt like this beauty is awesome! I hope the recipient appreciates the craftmanship.

SharonG/FL

• karpet
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you all! This one tested me, but I am pleased with how it turned out. Still waiting to hear what the gentleman thinks. It is for his wife for Christmas.

• calliope
    11 years ago

Lucky lady.

• lola99
    11 years ago

Your quilt is very beautiful and intricate. I was looking at it thinking about how much planning it would take, and then all of the sudden it hit me and I thought to myself, "It's tumbling blocks!" Of course it isn't tumbling blocks, but I see the 60 degree triangles and I'm currently learning English paper piecing by making a tumbling block quilt. Did you English paper piece this? How did you sew the Y seams? I am blown away thinking about how in some of your diamonds you have three different colors in two different directions, so if I'm thinking about it correctly, some diamonds have 6 different pieces in them. That is a LOT of planning! Nice job.

• littlehelen_gw
    11 years ago

Wow...That is lovely...Well Done and Congratulations!!!
    V.

• quiltingfox
    11 years ago

I think your quilt is awesome and beautiful! What is the name of the quilt pattern you used? TFS!

Best to you,
    quiltingfox

• nanajayne
    11 years ago

It is amazing. I still can't figure the pattern out and I have tried several times. If your customer isn't satified I am sure you wouldn't have difficultly finding one that was thrilled.
    wonderful expression of your skill. TFS.

• karpet
    Original Author
    11 years ago

The pattern is Star Shuffle and is in the book 'Simple Triangles' by Barbara Cline. She puts three diamond halves into an equilateral triangle so there were a lot of y seams. I've figured out my own way of doing them, but I'm sure it is not a recommended way! It is pieced from strip sets of 4 colors going from light to dark. Here is a link to the original pattern that I added rows on to. It seems like the strips in the original were wider than what was called for in the pattern because you can see all 4 colors in the diamonds, where on mine only a small amount of the inner color is visible.

Here is a link that might be useful: Star Shuffle

• quiltnhen
    11 years ago

Oooooh! It's beautiful. I have painstakingly avoided the "dreaded Y seam". This quilt is amazing. It would take me hours just to plan the colors and get rolling, even without y seams. BRAVO!

• bozogardener
    11 years ago

Oooh, that is lovely!

• quiltingfox
    11 years ago

Thanks for sharing the name of the pattern and the link karpet. Have great holidays.

Best to you and many thanks,
    quiltingfox

• nanajayne
    11 years ago

Thank you for giving some imput as to the pattern. Interesting, but many many triangles!! Will have to keep my eyes open to find the pattern.

• sandlapper_rose
    11 years ago

Just beautiful! I made a quilt on commission last year - same thing a man ordered it for his wife's Christmas present. I thought that was such a sweet idea. Anyway, they really liked it and I had never seen their home and was happy to hear that the colors I chose were colors that were in their bedroom. It definitely gives you a great feeling to make something special for someone you don't know!
    Merry Christmas, quilt friends!
    Jeanne

• fran1523
    11 years ago

Gorgeous quilt.

• chickie1
    11 years ago

It is beautiful! I admire you for all the hard work. Merry Christmas.
    Darlene