Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jackier123

Pics of Christmas Gift Quilts

jackier123
12 years ago

These are all for cousins and friends for Christmas this year. They are all Queen Size. I also made my grandpuppy a crate quilt that is not pictured. :) I apologize for the glare. The light outside was not the best today.

Jackie

Comments (17)

• salijo
    12 years ago

WOW..you've been busy! Very nice!

Salijo

• loisflan
    12 years ago

What great quilts, Jackie. I especially like the stars and waves one. Do the recipients know that they are getting quilts for Christmas? Do you quilt them yourself? Wonderful work!

• jackier123
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Two of the recipients know they are getting quilts. The others don't. I sometimes quilt them myself, but I sent all these out so that I could get them done.

Jackie

• msmeow
    12 years ago

Jackie, love them all! It's nice to see the D9P in all those different color schemes. And I love your blue Shakespeare. The one I made was blues, greens & lavenders.

Donna

• nannykins
    12 years ago

Love them all but especially the blue Shakespeare!
    Good work!!

• Kristene Smith
    12 years ago

Fantastic quilts! My favourite is the red black and white quilt. Very lucky recipients.

Kristene

• nanajayne
    12 years ago

A real ambitious effort. I know everyone will be thrilled to have them. D9P is one of my favorites, they each have their own personality. A real challenge to have make Shakespere in the Park as well. Great job on all of them. TFS.

• lindaoh_gw
    12 years ago

Great quilts! When did you start them? I'm still working on my Christmas quilts.
    Linda OH

• jackier123
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I did the Shakespeare in the Park in August or September, then did another one for my son's wedding finishing it in October, then started all the disappearing nine patches toward the first of November. :) I cut them all out at one time, then I finished one per week so that I could get them to the quilter. Now it is time to quilt for me! I have several landscapes and wall quilts that I want to attempt.

Jackie

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

Jackie, I'm so impressed! I know the D9Ps can go fast but one per week is quite a feat. Most of us would be thrilled to do just one Shakespeare in a year --- and you did 2 in 3 months!!! Yeah, I'm impressed.

Your use of color and pattern is wonderful in all of them, too.

Kate

• Robbi D.
    12 years ago

Impressive!! Beautiful, too! I'm envious of the time you are able to do these. The recipients will be thrilled!!

Robbi

• magothyrivergirl
    12 years ago

I remember your Shakespeare in the Park for your son's wedding - it is beautiful. You must be running on nervous energy ~lol.How do you get so much accomplished in such a short time????
    It is nice to see the different D9P quilts in all the different colors. The teal is very calming. I like them all.

It is going to be a Happy Christmas for those on your list!

Thank you!

• fran1523
    12 years ago

What a fabulous body of work...five queen size quilts in less than six months and this isn't even all of them from what I understand. I am in awe. I've done the Shakespeare in the Park quilt and yours is gorgeous. I also love the black and red and white one. Wonderful. Kudos to you.

• sandlapper_rose
    12 years ago

These are wonderful and quite an accomplishment to complete so many quilts in such a short time! Thanks for sharing the pictures.
    Jeanne

• cannahavana
    12 years ago

Wow great job on all of them! I thought I was doing great with 4 baby quilts done since October.

Rebecca

• jackier123
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I am not real sure how I have the time. :) I work a regular day job that is 50 hours per week most of the time and I teach 2 or 3 classes each week at a local college. I am going to say it all has to do with my new Janome Horizon machine. hahaha It flies compared to my old one.

Jackie

• quiltingfox
    12 years ago

I love your quilts! Thanks for sharing. Was a real treat to see; felt like I just went to a mini quilt show. Great way to end the day. Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and Peaceful New Year!

Best to you and yours,
    Sandra