Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Pics of Christmas Gift Quilts

Posted by jackier123 (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 14, 11 at 16:38

These are all for cousins and friends for Christmas this year. They are all Queen Size. I also made my grandpuppy a crate quilt that is not pictured. :) I apologize for the glare. The light outside was not the best today.

Jackie

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Pics of Christmas Gift Quilts

WOW..you've been busy! Very nice!

Salijo

o

What great quilts, Jackie. I especially like the stars and waves one. Do the recipients know that they are getting quilts for Christmas? Do you quilt them yourself? Wonderful work!

o

Two of the recipients know they are getting quilts. The others don't. I sometimes quilt them myself, but I sent all these out so that I could get them done.

Jackie

o

Jackie, love them all! It's nice to see the D9P in all those different color schemes. And I love your blue Shakespeare. The one I made was blues, greens & lavenders.

Donna

o

Love them all but especially the blue Shakespeare!
Good work!!

o

Fantastic quilts! My favourite is the red black and white quilt. Very lucky recipients.

Kristene

o

A real ambitious effort. I know everyone will be thrilled to have them. D9P is one of my favorites, they each have their own personality. A real challenge to have make Shakespere in the Park as well. Great job on all of them. TFS.

o

Great quilts! When did you start them? I'm still working on my Christmas quilts.
Linda OH

o

I did the Shakespeare in the Park in August or September, then did another one for my son's wedding finishing it in October, then started all the disappearing nine patches toward the first of November. :) I cut them all out at one time, then I finished one per week so that I could get them to the quilter. Now it is time to quilt for me! I have several landscapes and wall quilts that I want to attempt.

Jackie

o

Jackie, I'm so impressed! I know the D9Ps can go fast but one per week is quite a feat. Most of us would be thrilled to do just one Shakespeare in a year --- and you did 2 in 3 months!!! Yeah, I'm impressed.

Your use of color and pattern is wonderful in all of them, too.

Kate

o

Impressive!! Beautiful, too! I'm envious of the time you are able to do these. The recipients will be thrilled!!

Robbi

o

I remember your Shakespeare in the Park for your son's wedding - it is beautiful. You must be running on nervous energy ~lol.How do you get so much accomplished in such a short time????
It is nice to see the different D9P quilts in all the different colors. The teal is very calming. I like them all.

It is going to be a Happy Christmas for those on your list!

Thank you!

o

What a fabulous body of work...five queen size quilts in less than six months and this isn't even all of them from what I understand. I am in awe. I've done the Shakespeare in the Park quilt and yours is gorgeous. I also love the black and red and white one. Wonderful. Kudos to you.

o

These are wonderful and quite an accomplishment to complete so many quilts in such a short time! Thanks for sharing the pictures.
Jeanne

o

Wow great job on all of them! I thought I was doing great with 4 baby quilts done since October.

Rebecca

o

I am not real sure how I have the time. :) I work a regular day job that is 50 hours per week most of the time and I teach 2 or 3 classes each week at a local college. I am going to say it all has to do with my new Janome Horizon machine. hahaha It flies compared to my old one.

Jackie

o

I love your quilts! Thanks for sharing. Was a real treat to see; felt like I just went to a mini quilt show. Great way to end the day. Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and Peaceful New Year!

Best to you and yours,
Sandra

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here