Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sharon, Help please

Posted by maritime_linda (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 23, 12 at 15:49

Sharon, I decided to try a neck warmer last night...cut out fleece strip, stitched the long tube, and turned it...but don't know what you mean by "open short ends". I know I'm going to feel dopey when you tell me, but I'm askin' anyway! ;-)

Linda

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sharon, Help please

After turning and twisting, because of starting to sew 3 inches from the end and stopping three inches from the other end, you should have 'short' ends of about 12 inches, the width of the fleece. Guess I called those 'short ends' ..... sew the ends with right sides together forming a circle. Then there should be a short slit that needs to be closed. Hope this helps.

SharonG/FL

o

Oh...I think I'm brain dead!! So, you would be sewing through the 4 thicknesses of fleece across the ends?? Is that right?

o

Only two layers. Make sure you didn't sew the entire length of long seam when you first started but left 3 inches on each end. That will make it possible to sew the two ends together, right sides facing each other forming a twisted loop. Wish I could find a tutorial....

SharonG/FL

o

Well HALLELUJAH! Let there be light...and there was light!! I actually thought of that but thought it was going to be too awkward, but not at all....Thanks a bunch for sticking with me Sharon...I'm sure it's not as if you have nothing else to do on the day before Christmas Eve. Have a wonderful and blessed Christmas with your family in sunny Florida from Linda on Canada's beautiful but currently snowless east coast.

o

Glad the light came on, Linda. I think the first one is the hardest and that isn't really hard. You'll be whipping them out now. The hunters want them in orange. lol I've gotten a lot of 'sure glad to have this neck warmer' from people I've given them to up north. Been a bit 'blustery' I guess.

I'm not busy as we opened gifts with DD and her family this morning. I came home and took a 4 hour nap!

Here's a pic of my sister wearing her neckwarmer over a hoodie

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here