Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
irishdancersgram

OT-Chastised

irishdancersgram
16 years ago

This probably should have been posted on the conversation side, but I wanted everyone to know...I have been chastised for posting the news of Woodsy's illness...In fact, firmly told to mind my own business in the future...In posting, it was not my intention to hurt anyone's feelings but to let old friends know someone was ill...I'm truly sorry this happened...

Dorothy

Comments (29)

• lockeb
    16 years ago

Hi Dorothy,
    I'm not sure why they did that - it good to be able to send messages of support to fellow quilters...words of encouragement, etc.....
    Don't feel bad....
    Bill

• caroline1947
    16 years ago

Im sure you meant no harm.It might have been a good idea to ask permission first ,as it is up to the individual who they wish to confide in or not, but there is no need for it to become a big issue.We all make mistakes,and its Christmas time,,we should be loving and understanding toward one another,especially now!Your post was not written as gossip,but out of concern,,lets just let it go and be more cautious in the future.Have a Blessed Holiday!

• irishdancersgram
    Original Author
    16 years ago

This news had been posted on another forum and was discussed over and over, and you're right it was not meant to be gossip...I'm sure I'm not alone in wishing her good thoughts and a speedy recovery.....

• laurainsdca
    16 years ago

I saw your post on here and perceived it as an act of thoughtfulness/kindness. I assume that anything I read on the internet is not private.

• toolgranny
    16 years ago

I agree with Laura and your heart is in the right place. You spoke out of concern. Don't let it get to you.

Have a good holiday.
    Linda

• mary_c_gw
    16 years ago

I also percieved it as an act of kindness, and I can't even imagine someone having the gall to call you out about it. Unless it was Woodsy herself, that person should butt the hell out.

Mary

• nanajayne
    16 years ago

Unless is was Woodsy, I think the person who scolded you is the one who should butt out. Jayne

• biwako_of_abi
    16 years ago

I agree with Mary and Jayne. Don't feel bad, Dorothy. I am wondering who on earth had the nerve to scold you, considering the fact that Woodsy herself has expressed gratitude for people's kind thoughts and prayers, both on this forum on the thread that you started and another one. (I hasten to add that I am not asking who, unless it was the GW moderators--don't want to start a new ruckus!) You meant well, and you passed on information that was already out on the Web in another forum, and nobody but Woodsy or maybe a close relative who knows more about her true wishes than the rest of us has the right to complain.

• fatquarters
    16 years ago

I am sorry this happened to you Dorothy. I know that you told us out of kindness and concern and look what happened. Honestly, this place can't be the place of caring friends like it used to be if you get called out on your attempt at kindness. Sorry,,, but honestly a person is getting scared to say anything around here without someone being upset. JMHO.

• maryliz
    16 years ago

Yikes! You thought you were doing what was right, out of kindness, Dorothy, so please don't feel badly.

• caroline1947
    16 years ago

Its a shame these two forums act like the Hatfields and McCoys,and there seems to always be a conflict and someone just waiting to stir up a fuss. If I didnt have friends I like on both of them and had not commited to make birthday blocks, I would be tempted to leave both of them.I hope this New Year coming will be better.

• Nancy Morris
    16 years ago

Dorothy, I looked at the post as being from someone who cares. Never, never as gossip. Prayers and good wishes will come out and that is a good thing. No one was trying to upset or embarrass anyone. Nancy

• teresa_nc7
    16 years ago

Sad, but true....there is always someone who just lives to cause a little trouble. They're just not happy unless things are in a big up-roar. These people search for ways to make trouble and unfortunately, Dorothy, they decided to pick on you.

Most of us here know your heart was in the right place. Rise above them, Dorothy, and learn from this.

I would like to think that we are all quilting buddies no matter if we are here or in the "other room." But...maybe not.

Teresa

• noocha
    16 years ago

Sad, but true....there is always someone who just lives to cause a little trouble. They're just not happy unless things are in a big up-roar. These people search for ways to make trouble and unfortunately, Dorothy, they decided to pick on you.
    Most of us here know your heart was in the right place. Rise above them, Dorothy, and learn from this.

Oh! Bull crap!
    That is so condescending! Rise above them?

Dorothy did it with a good heart, I have no doubt about that. But she should have consulted with woodsy about it before posting here. Woodsy could have posted here if she chose to. She didn't. What should have stayed privately between the 2 people concerned was then posted here AGAIN by one of those people. Now, who is at fault?

• irishdancersgram
    Original Author
    16 years ago

I had made up my mind I would not be posting again, but one last time...This was not told to me in private and I was surprised. I then read it on line posted for all to see...I'm sorry but if you have a secret, you don't put it out there in cyber space... Yes, I'm at fault for posting but you can be sure I won't make that same mistake again...I'll be a lurker from now on....I'm sorry she's ill and I'm wishing for a speedy recovery....And also a blessed Christmas and a very happy New Year to all...

• ngmnewlywed
    16 years ago

(Oh! Bull crap!
    That is so condescending! Rise above them?
    Dorothy did it with a good heart, I have no doubt about that. But she should have consulted with woodsy about it before posting here. Woodsy could have posted here if she chose to. She didn't. What should have stayed privately between the 2 people concerned was then posted here AGAIN by one of those people. Now, who is at fault? )

Wow, easy there girl. This is Christmas time and not a time of disention and not being kind. Let us all remember the reason for the season and have a blessed Christmas and wonderful new year. Time to put this to rest.
    JMHO
    Susie

• Islay_Corbel
    16 years ago

Dorothy and Woodsy are both lovely ladies. Full stop.

• foxykitten350234
    16 years ago

Dorothy, I hope you continue to post here. I'm sorry to hear Woodsy is sick, but your post was out of concern. If Woodsy is upset that you posted it here then I hope she will realize your good intentions and forgive you. That is the only person you should be the slightest bit worried about. Anyone else who just wants to sling mud in your direction is not important.

I'm not around here all the time and I'm not too sure what has happened. It looks like a group splintered off of here...some split their time between both forums and some come back to stir thing up when they can. I have seen this all too many times. In the end the trouble makers tend to get banned. All I can say is ignore the ones who try to upset you. Eventually they will go away.

Merry Christmas to all.

Foxy.

• nanciii
    16 years ago

FACT: Foxy since you are somewhat NEW...for the record NO ONE came here to stir up trouble. And no one has been banned or will be. Duh!!! Yes That was Sarcastic. Dorothy was called on by the person she wrote about.

Fact: I did not see any Post here slinging mud at Dorothy. We know her heart was in the right place.
    Fact: Caroline there is NO Hatfield and McCoys and who is waiting to stir up a fuss? You Maybe? By making this comment?

FACT: And Teresa exactly WHO picked on Dorothy? NO one from this forum or the other forum. So there is no "THEY" Woodsy handled this her self and Dorothy got her feeling hurt and came here talking about it.

If I would have posted something out of concern and then the person got upset with me I would be truly sorry but I NEVER would have come here and complaned about it.

Just my 2 cents...

Nanci

• caroline1947
    16 years ago

No, nanci, I wasnt trying to stir up a fuss. I was just making a comment that it was silly for the two forums to be feuding.I know she meant no harm either.I have chosen to stay here as I like the people on here,and I chose to leave the other place as I was attacked there by an individual for defending Dorothy.I made the remark that I didnt think she meant any harm,but evidently some there thought she did and I was wrong to defend her.Everyone has a right to their opinion,but I no longer felt welcome there,so I chose to leave. I have never tried to stir up trouble,I always try to be fair and not take sides and those that know me know that is true.When this forum split I didnt leave ,as there were people on here I enjoyed sharing with,,,sadly there were some who left and I was friends with them there for a time as well. Its not about this forum or that forum,,,its about people and friends,and I dont like to see people feud,especially like with Dorothy,when it was obvious she was tring to make a kind jesture.Its just sad,and I do apologise also,if I offended anyone.

• nanciii
    16 years ago

Well Caroline,

Unless it was a private email. I never saw anyone here or at the other room do anything but defend Dorothy everyone in both places knew her heart was good.

Nanci

• janice__indiana5
    16 years ago

Dorothy, I know your heart was in the right place. You are a caring person. As you are a special part of our quilting family, please stay.

• foxykitten350234
    16 years ago

Nanci, normaly I don't respond to such rude responses, but in this case it looks to based on misinformation that you believe is fact.

"Foxy since you are somewhat NEW..."

I have been here longer then you. Since April 2004 in fact. See link below to one of my older posts for proof if you like.

"And no one has been banned or will be. Duh!!!"

First of all I wrote " I have seen this all too many times. In the end the trouble makers TEND to get banned." I used bold letters this time to help you see a word the you obviously missed. I could pull up old posts and other information to show you this has happened before, but don't feel like wasting time. You weren't here when Spike sold this forum to Ivillage. You weren't here when the new TOS caused an out burst. You weren't here to see all the bickering that went on. Many people set out to start new forums. They tried to poach the GW for members. They posted endless links, they mouthed off and eventually many were banned. These games are nothing new to the GW. Sorry if I burst anyone bubble who may have thought they were some kind of pioneers by starting a new forum.

"Fact: I did not see any Post here slinging mud at Dorothy. "

Please reread what I wrote and don't assume anything this time.

For the record I was posting to Dorothy. She had made a mistake and was upset. I happen to like Dorothy and was offering my support. I'm sorry that was so offensive to you, Nanci.

Caroline I'm sorry to see this whole mess has upset you. I hope in the future you will feel comfortable posting here. Don't let the bad comments get to you. Always remember there is a lot more good here.

Foxy.

Here is a link that might be useful: An old post by Foxy

• nanajayne
    16 years ago

I truly can't understand why everyone is so senitive by something so innocent. It was obvious that Dorothy was concerened, so why is it necessary to be critical of good intention? I enjoy this forum, I am not sure what the other one is that everyone refers to but if this is a sample I guess I am better off not knowing. This is the season of Peace and Goodwill and may all of you have a wonderful holiday. Jayne

• fatquarters
    16 years ago

I don't think that there is anyone fueding. Some time ago some of the girls left this forum (I have no idea where they are) but I think that the reason they left was so that they could share personal stories and friendships that have not been allowed on this forum because some members oppose OT matters. This place used to be about quilting and friends. We compared it to sitting around a quilt frame and sharing our lives, all at the same time.That's what they wanted, that's all. Subjects like someone's illness, and prayers for thier recovery were not being allowed here. When this subject came up, it appeared that we had a repeat of that OT protest. I believe all this has been a misunderstanding.

• agnesd
    16 years ago

Will someone please tell the name of the other forum? I love quilting forums. Thanks.

• bettyatp
    16 years ago

Agnesd , I emailed you .

You can email me if you did not get your email .

• lockeb
    16 years ago

Everyone,,,
    I think that in our community, it's special to have care and concern for others who may be feeling low, or may be ill...and to get well wishes, perhaps cards and special thoughts..certainly prayer,,,,is a great uplift...
    I was touched by Dorothy's message...I would have loved to have had Woodsy's address to send a letter or card....but, I there seems to be a lot of others who don't feel like that...
    Unfortuately, I don't think that we need to be nasty or condescending, etc..there's a couple of messages that seems to be borderline rude...I'm not sure that we need to take that route....
    And well, there's a couple of you that based on your messages, if I'd had your mailing address I'd actually send you out a belated Christmas gift of some extra strong coffee..seems you could really use it.....
    It's Christmas; Hannukah....whatever we all celebrate, the key word is PEACE!!!!! We have enough people in our world that's taking care of the negative....let's make our community a one that's positive....
    And, I'm sure that we'll all at some time post on here and perhaps tee someone else off...but we don't need to jump on that person....comments, whether or negative, positive....it's all welcome...we can call grow together...
    Cheers girls......
    Bill

• gerizone5
    16 years ago

Amen Brother