Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
meskauskas

Hello Again!

meskauskas
12 years ago

Hi everyone,

I've been away from this forum for a long time and have just found my way back again. I've been quilting for about 7 years now - and do a lot of needle turn applique work. Are there any applique fans here? It's nice to see this forum is still going strong!

Comments (17)

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

Hi and welcome back!
    I started a needle turn applique BOM (block of the month) project 2 years ago and quit after 5 blocks! I'm glad you're here because I want to get back to it and need some inspiration. Post pictures whenever you want - that may get me to pick up me needle again.

Kate

• grammyp
    12 years ago

Welcome back. Toolgranny is our resident needle turn guru. I have never gotten the hang of it.

beverly

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    12 years ago

I'm a fan of applique, not that I do a lot of it, but I like it. The lotto block for next month can be appliqued, so that's something you can jump right in on......check it out.

SharonG/FL

• meskauskas
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I posted one photo of an applique baby quilt that made for my great niece in the gallery. How do you place images in a message, and post multiple images in the same message? I can't figure it out...help?

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

On the Conversations page there is a posting called Easy Photo Posting Instructions. I added the link below. It says it was posted by Solstice98; that was me for several years before I changed my forum name in 2010, so if you have any questions about it please let me know. I love seeing pictures directly in the posts, instead of through a link, so I'm happy to help you learn the process!

Kate

Here is a link that might be useful: Easy Photo Posting Instructions

• toolgranny
    12 years ago

I may be getting a reputation for applique but Kate is getting a reputation for being our technical guru. Thanks for doing that Kate.

• jennifer_in_va
    12 years ago

I'm just getting a reputation!

[Welcome back, Meskauskas!]

• K8Orlando
    12 years ago

Technical Guru? I like that but I don't think I rate 'guru' (blush...). Probably Techno Twinkie is closer to accurate. See today's new post about Techno Twinkie Stuff!

Kate

• meskauskas
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks for the instructions Kate!

• cannahavana
    12 years ago

Welcome back meskauskas! Wow, I want to be you when my applique grows up. Those are absolutely gorgeous! I love the Santa.

Rebecca

• toolgranny
    12 years ago

A girl after my own heart. I love your work. I have lots of appliqued blocks here I must turn into quilts one of these days. I'll probably start a new applique project first, though. I can't sit without sewing.

• magothyrivergirl
    12 years ago

Your work is beautiful! Please stay now that you found us again. And now you know how to post pictures, so we will be expecting them often :)
    I am so impressed with needle turned applique! Thanks!

• meskauskas
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you everyone - It's great to chat with fellow quilters again and see all the beautiful work that is generated by folks here. Toolgranny - I'd love to see some of your blocks! I've got some Baltimore blocks stashed away from classes that I need to put together myself.

Clara

• Robbi D.
    12 years ago

Hello!! You work is beautiful!! I love the quilts you posted. Glad to have another needle turn lover here :-)

I'm fairly new to this forum and quilting (about 3 years on quilting). I started learning to quilt doing a Baltimore Album needle turn quilt. I have all but about 2 of the blocks done or a queen size and got stuck on what I need to do to balance it out. I have since moved on to a Dear Jane quilt (machine and applique work), another needle turn applique BOM that I do when I need something for the road and finally a quilt for my mom this is supposed to be machine applique, but I'm doing it in needle turn (easier for me!). So, I'm right with you on the needle turn, LOVE IT!!

Glad to have you back with us.

Robbi

• meskauskas
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hi Robbi,
    Hello fellow needle turn fan! I've got to take some pics of my Baltimore album blocks and share - will you do the same? I love the Baltimores - they're so full of history and symbolisim. Wow, and you're doing a Dear Jane too? Now that's ambition - LOL. I've got a few irons in the fire myself - I'm about halfway through the Baltimore Halloween pattern (I'm making some changes to it), and I've just started a new applique quilt for my soon-to-arrive great niece. So much applique....so little time! :-)

Have you every meandered through the International Quilt Study Center? It's full of applique quilts that are amazing.

Here is a link that might be useful: International Quilt Study Center - Applique search

• meskauskas
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Clicking on the link will take you to the search page. To see the baltimores you just need to type "baltimore" in the keyword search box.
    Clara

• Robbi D.
    12 years ago

thank you for the link! I love looking at those old quilts. Such an inspiration. After doing them with the technology we have today, it amazes me that they could do them back then. Here are a few pictures of the most recent BA blocks I have done. I have about 24 done, but not sure how to arrange them and fill in the blanks. After I finish the DJ, I plan on getting back to the BA.

Robbi