Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
lindaoh_gw

My 2012 Christmas quilts

lindaoh_gw
11 years ago

I have been quilting like a mad women this month. I decided at the end of October to make a quilt for everyone (kids) in my family. I was inspired by a couple patterns I found that were perfect for my kids. My DD convinced me to make a Zelda quilt for her DH but there was no pattern available. She said she would design the blocks for me but she is so busy with her job. She didn't get the block patterns to me until Dec. 1. I then had to order fabric and wait for it to arrive.
After all the wrapped gifts were opened I brought out the finished quilts. Their reactions were worth every minute of work. I even made a quilted wall hanging for the grand dog.
My New Year's resolution for 2013 is NOT TO MAKE CHRISTMAS QUILTS IN DECEMBER 2013!!!
Linda OH

Here is a link that might be useful: Christmas quilts

Comments (15)

• quiltnhen
    11 years ago

While they're all beautiful....and look like a mountain of work! My favorites are the bernstein bears and the dog's quilt! What a lucky family you have. Since you covered pretty much everyone I think you're off the hook for 2013. Which means you can make any quilt you want aaannnd KEEP it ;-)

LindaB/CA

• nanajayne
    11 years ago

Fantastic!!!You did a great job on all of them and made them very personal. I am proud of you. I thought I was doing good by making 5 but nothing compared to your accomplishment and in DECEMBER as well.....Congratulations and TFS]

• tuppermom
    11 years ago

I am sure you had some very happy family members on Christmas morning! Love the dog wallhanging the most but all are great!
    Happy New Year!

Maryv

• calliope
    11 years ago

I went and poured myself a cuppa coffee before I sat down to this thread, because I knew I was going to take awhile admiring them. They are all wonderful and unique and it makes my head spin to think of the amount of work involved and how you accomplished it in that timeframe. It would take me longer than that to do one of them. LOL

Work like that is such an inspiration to quilters with even very modest skill levels........we can dream. LOL Thanks for the pictures, Linda they were really fun to see!

• bev2009
    11 years ago

I can't believe you got all of those beautiful quilts made in one month. I love the Zelda and Mario quilts. You are so creative and talented. It must have been so much fun to have everyone open those on Christmas. Now have a good rest!

• rosajoe_gw
    11 years ago

Linda I can't believe you can create a masterpiece as fast as you can!

I love them all, but I saw the peek-a-boo monkey and I have to make that one!!

Like I really need another pattern lol!!!
    Rosa

• polardream
    11 years ago

Did you sleep at all? Oh my gosh, they are great. I can't even imagine trying to make all of those in a month.
    Lucky recipients!
    Sue

• lindaoh_gw
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you for all the kind comments. To clarify, I didn't make all of them in December. I started on the quilts the end of October except for Christina's quilt. I had the top made but had to add the borders. The rest of them were made in November with the Zelda quilt in December.
    Sue, I did get some sleep but some days I worked on Zelda until 11:00 PM. lol We didn't have our Christmas until last Friday, the 28th, but the quilts were all finished by the 24th.
    My DS (Jeff) and DSIL (Tristan) put pictures of their quilts on facebook. The next day, Jeff's best friend from high school came out to the house. He told Jeff, I didn't come to see you, I came to see the quilt. lol

• Joan Dupuis
    11 years ago

Wow, those look very time consuming. Can't believe you got them done so quickly. Great job.

• quiltingfox
    11 years ago

The quilts you made look really great and I especially like the dog quilt. You got so much done in just a few months, you should have a great sense of accomplishment from these quilts you completed. Thank you for sharing, it's inspiring how much you got done in such a short period of time.

Best to you,
    Sandra

• littlehelen_gw
    11 years ago

Wow is all I know to say...all of those in just weeks, incredible!!! They are all very special, but I have a special place for the dog quilt (being a dog lover myself).
    Congratulations...and take a short break!
    V.

• fran1523
    11 years ago

Very impressive. I love that City Girl quilt.

• lindaoh_gw
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Fran, that is my favorite too. I named it City Girl because that was the name of the line of fabric used.
    Linda OH

• alonelymom
    11 years ago

Where did you get the pattern or how did you make/create the pattern for the zelda quilt? My son turns 18 next month and he's a huge huge huge zelda fan and I want to make him a zelda/link quilt but I can't find any patterns and don't know how to make a pattern. Any help from anyone?
    Thanks!

• lindaoh_gw
    Original Author
    11 years ago

My daughter designed the blocks in the Zelda quilt. The process for making the blocks was done with fusible interfacing over a grid of 1 1/2 inch squares the same way some watercolors quilts are made. The blocks were not all the same size and the larger blocks were made in sections and joined together. Email me if you want more info.
    Linda OH