Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Look at what my dear friend made me for Christmas!...

Posted by dbfirewife (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 26, 13 at 14:43

My dear friend from middle school pinned a photo of a similar quilt on Pinterest... I left a comment that I loved that quilt!... I got a big box from her a few days before Christmas and this more then beautiful rag quilt was in it!... My bedroom is painted Behr Torch Gold and she could not have chosen coordinating fabrics any better... she has never actually seen my bedroom as she lives several states away from me. She even made a quilt tag she sewed on the bottom that said "To My Beautiful Friend"... I love you, then her name....I just can't get over it!....

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Look at what my dear friend made me for Christmas!...

Here a close up of some of the fabrics....

o

What a wonderful gift from a wonderful friend! And it does match your bedroom perfectly. Aren't surprises just the best?

o

That is really attractive. Good friend
Theresa

o

What a lovely collection of fabrics! Aren't those kinds of friends truly the 'best'??

Looks great in your room! I can only imagine how heavy a rag quilt of that size must be! Must have had the postman wondering what was in the box.

o

Wow. A really special gift. Hope you two can get together for a hug. Beautiful.
LindaB/CA

o

Great looking quilt. And, a great friend to pick up on your comment.

SharonG/FL

o

Sweet!

beverly

o

A true gift of love. What a wonderful surprise and a lovely addition to your bedroom. So very special. TFS.

o

The fabrics are very pretty and it looks so soft. It looks right at home in your room. What a wonderful friend.

o

You have a wonderful friend. What a great gift! That's my kind of present! Although I have lots of quilts in the house, it would be so nice to receive one from a friend.
TFS.

~Geraldine

o

Beautiful quilt and (obviously) a Beautiful friendship - her label wording is written from the heart.
I wanted to make a rag quilt this fall, but decided I didn't want to invest all that time and hard energy cutting the "rag". Your quilt now has put this back on my list. Your quilt is so sophisticated - I love it! Your bedroom has the perfect combination of hard and soft. The colors and fabrics are perfect.

What fabric did she use for the back?
Thanks so much for sharing this!

o

Gorgeous and she did a great job on the ragged seams! It matches your room perfectly!

o

Love the quilt she made you. Enjoy. TFS!

Best to you,
Sandra

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here