Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Some for you; one for me!

Posted by k8orlando (My Page) on
Sat, Dec 31, 11 at 14:36

I just came across an interesting idea while looking up block lottos. Several guilds do this and if yours does I would love to hear which blocks they use.

Here's the idea: each month when you make blocks for your group's lotto or swap, you make one extra to keep for yourself. You can follow the color instructions or select a different color plan for your blocks. At the end of the year you've shared in the lotto, plus you have 12 blocks to make your own quilt. Each month someone wins all of one block, but yours would be a sampler of all the blocks.

I'm thinking of doing that with our lotto this year and making a black/white block each month to keep.

Kate

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Some for you; one for me!

Sounds good
Theresa

o

I think that sounds like a wonderful idea. I might try it.

o

Kate, I did that with our guild's BOM year before last. I ended up donating the finished quilt for our church bazaar, but it was kind of fun.

Donna

o

That sounds like a great idea. Almost like a free quilt.

beverly

o

Nice idea. Looking forward to being in the BOM for the first time!

o

LittleHelen ~ so glad you can join us!

o

What a great idea! It doesn't take much time to duplicate!

o

Sounds like a great idea. I bought black/white/grey fabric to make a quilt over a year ago, but still don't know what pattern I want to use. Was thinking trip around the world, but maybe I could use some of the blocks from the BOM that I really liked for myself. I hope someone posts pictures of all the blocks so we get to see what everyone has made.

Joan

o

I have a few of my black/whites made already and will post the pictures this weekend after I post the future lotto blocks.

o
picture

I only have 3 blocks of the "one for me" set done, but here they are:

They will be mainly black & white with just a random touch of red in each one:

I've already found a wonderful black/white/red/gray fabric to use for the backing. It's the new Paparazzi line from Red Rooster.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here