Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Ghost of Christmas Past

Posted by calliope (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 19, 12 at 14:30

December Lotto, I think two years ago.........the blocks I won were laying in my 'to do' basket and niggling at me all this time. I remember winning 32 of them, and asking Kay to draw a second winner because I didn't need 'that' many! I finished the blue/cream Carpenter's Wheel with Jewel Box falls. It's in three sections and the backing is measured and cut. I need a break from it before it gets sandwiched and FMQ. My cane came in to finish the seat on the antique Lady rocker I am working on. I'm not ready to do that until I take a bravery pill. So, this morning, I grabs the sixteen cheerful four patch Christmas blocks and they're all together now, with a border around them. I shall back it in the same border material, sans batting and it'll go on the table (or even would fit the daybed). Thanks gals who contributed.........and what fun.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Ghost of Christmas Past

Very cute, Calliope! And doesn't it feel good to get one of those projects done?

My FIL and SisIL do caning. I've never tried it, but I'm sure it's something I'd have to do out in the garage where the "helpful" cats couldn't get to it! LOL

Donna

o

Your table cloth looks great! What a good idea (and a nice break from your other projects).

o

Very festive and pretty. It just needs a plate of cookies and a mug of cocoa sitting on it.

o

Very nice! I like it! Perfect timing, too.
Question: When you make a table cloth like that, with a backing, sans batting,,,, do you do any quilting?

o

Very Nice. Great idea for a tablecloth. Colleen

o

The backing went on nicely, I just trimmed the excess borders off when I sized it and birthed it, so it would not need hemmed or bound. When I don't bat something like that, I usually do a tacking on the corners of each block so it doesn't go crazy when laundered. ;-)

o

When I don't bat something like that, I usually do a tacking on the corners of each block so it doesn't go crazy when laundered.

Thanks for your answer. That seems like a good idea.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here