Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Great niece quilt

Posted by mary_c (My Page) on
Sun, Dec 18, 11 at 14:25

I didn't even know I was expecting one, LOL. My niece and her husband have been going through the adoption process for more than 2 years, but never told anyone.

They were approved in October, and amazingly got a baby girl, Gabriella Sofia, in 4 days! I found out Thanksgiving Day, so I made this the holiday weekend.

Fortunately, my niece has never seen my "Quilts for Kids" quilts, because I use this pattern all the time for them.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Great niece quilt

Congrats on the new baby! Wow - keeping it a secret for 2 years is remarkable! We have adoptions in our family - and when everyone knows, it is the 'topic' all the time! All well meaning, but very hard on everyone.
I am so happy for them, and Gabriella Sofia is a beautiful name.
The quilt is adorable, and perfect for a little girl.

o

Oh I love the hot air balloons and all the bright colors. What a perfect quilt for a little girl.

Best to you,
Sandra

o

Mary, That's a great quilt for a lucky baby with a beautiful name. Love the layout and colors you used.

SharonG/FL

o

How thrilling for them. I know because my dd's are adopted. The quilt is great too.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here