Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Quilts for my granddaughters

Posted by nana_2009 (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 12, 12 at 14:19

Well I finally have them done...two months of steady hand quilting...minus a few days for a mild heart attack...thought I would post the pictures for all to see... I still have the king sized one to start after Christmas

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Quilts for my granddaughters

Oh, the quilting is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Really wonderful. I'm so glad your heart attack was mild and hope you are fully recovered!

Donna

o

will try again to post the other pictures

o

more pictures...and yes so far so good with my heart...

o

here is one more...can we not post more than one picture at a time now...

o

Absolutly beautiful!!What wonderful treasures for you granddaughers. Your quilting is to be envied! I can't even think of a King sized hand quilted quilt......
So happy your recover is has been positive. I had a stroke 15 years ago and recovered almost conpletely so expectations can be good...TFS

o

They are treasures, and especially so from a grandmother. So surprised about your heart attack, and relieved to hear you are doing well now. Beautiful quilts.

o

They are wonderful! The hand quilting is beautiful.

o

Lovely quilts, lots of girly pink!
Nice kitty!
Theresa

o

Wow to the whole show! Amazing work and so glad to hear your heart is still ticking along. That must have been quite a scare.

o

Thanks to all...the white quilt with the pink was for a pink room...before I got it finished they had painted her room purple...so I will bind it with a mauve binding...the other still has her pink room so will bind it with pink.
The old ticker has acted up before...had a bypass two years ago...thought all was well...now this...racing heart beats out of control...strikes when it feels like...good Lord is watching over me for sure.

o

Absolutely stunning! Wonderful to see all that exquisite hand-quilting! Gifts to be treasured, for sure!

Linda

o

Beautiful!! You are fast, too. Those are definitely heirlooms quilts :-)

Robbi

o

How beautiful!

o

WOW!!! Awesome work. I hope your granddaughters will appreciate all your work, love and treasure them forever.

I don't even consider handquilting anymore....maybe a wallhanging, but not a quilt.

SharonG/FL

o

I think they are really beautiful! TFS!

Best to you,
quiltingfox

o

Gorgeous! What a lot of work you've put into these.
The hand quilting is so special.
Lucky granddaughters! These quilts will be a treasure for years.
TFS.

~Geraldine

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here