Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Changes ahead for Joanns???

Posted by magothyrivergirl (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 23, 10 at 13:47

BOSTON (MarketWatch) -- Shares of Jo-Ann Stores Inc. /quotes/comstock/13*!jas/quotes/nls/jas (JAS 60.33, +14.70, +32.22%) soared 34% in premarket trade Thursday on news that the fabrics and crafts retailer will be acquired by an affiliate of private-equity firm Leonard Green & Partners LP for about $1.6 billion, or $61 a share, in cash. Jo-Ann's board has approved the deal and is recommending that shareholders adopt the agreement. The acquisition is expected to close in the first half of calendar 2011, subject to customary closing conditions. Under terms of the agreement, the retailer's board will also be allowed to solicit other proposals through Feb. 14. Shares of Jo-Ann Stores closed Wednesday at $45.63.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Changes ahead for Joanns???

Thanks for posting!

Gwen

o

Maybe the new managers will allow mailing to Canada.
Lots of bargains etc. but cannot be mailed here. Drat!!!

o

Yes it's true. I was out of town for few hours this morning and went into Joann's and so I asked and was told it was true and they just heard a few days ago. I guess we wait and see what happens.

o

This company has a history of buying successful organizations and not making many changes. The investors seem to be happy with the transaction but if I were an employee it would probably make me nervous!

o

Kate - I read basically the same thing about the investors.
We all want better customer service - that's what i am hoping for!

o

nannykins-

Are you anywhere where you could do your ordering to a US post office box?

When I lived in BC lots of people kept US post office boxes in WA and did most of their mailing (even the stuff going to other Canadian cities I think if my memory isn't too rusty) from the US. At least at that time US postal services were cheaper than Postes Canada Post. People bought their milk and gassed their cars when they made a weekly or bi-weekly run for the same reason.

o

We are in Windsor, just 3 minutes by tunnel to Detroit, where there are many JoAnn stores. However I don't like driving there so we do not go over. One of my sons was living in a D. suburb and everytime we visited, DIL and I would go shopping. And I did have an online order sent there, but son has relocated to France. There goes that option.
I do have a niece living in Mi. so I could have things sent there, I suppose.
So much easier if Joann's would mail here as Keepsake quilting and Hancock's do.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here