Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Techno Twinkie Stuff (Photos, Fonts, Links)

Posted by k8orlando (My Page) on
Fri, Dec 30, 11 at 13:43

Someone asked recently about posting photos and so it seems like a good time to review all the techie stuff for our forums.

If you have any questions, let me know!
Kate

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Techno Twinkie Stuff (Photos, Fonts, Links)

Thanks, K8! I did not know how to change fonts on the forum. Learn something new every day!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

o

Thanks, Kate. Lots of great information. Lois

o

k8orlando,

Thank you for this information!

Could this post be put on a FAQs page or somehow pinned or locked at the top of the page so we can find it easily again? There are always new people joining us who could use this info. Also for people like me who post pictures sporadically, so we forget how to do it.

Happy New Year everyone.

Valerie

o

We don't have a 'sticki' feature on this forum to keep posts at the top. We do have a FAQ link but it's not often used and attempts to update it haven't been successful.

You can click on "clip this post" on the right side of the page where you see the little leaf and scissors "Clippings" logo. This will save a post to your personal clippings so you can access it again anytime without searching for it.

Kate

o

Thanks, Kate. I forget about that feature. I save as much as I can to my own hard drive, because who knows when the sites I like are going to just disappear. It's happened to me before, with and without notice. But if this site ever goes away, I guess I won't need those instructions, will I? LOL.

o

Thanks Kate.
Every time I want to post a pic I always have to look up how to do it.
I am going to print your 'techie stuff' and place it near the computer for future reference.

~Geraldine

o

That's where my printed instructions are, nice and handy. Thanks for all the tips, Kate.
Theresa

o

Thanks! I finally learned to post photos but didn't know how to do anything else. I saved this to my clippings.

o

Apparently all the links to the old images were broken, so here's a re-post. (Thanks for letting me know!)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here