Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Thread gift?

Posted by k8orlando (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 22, 10 at 13:37

If you could have any gift of thread - types/sets/colors/etc - what would it be?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Thread gift?

large size spools of King Tut, cotton, by Superior, that I use for FMQ. They come in the larger size now but quite pricey and only at their show booth so far. I'd take a set of all colors available. I also like their Bottom Line poly thread for the bobbin but haven't seen it in larger sizes yet. Someday.

o

Gutterman has a thread assortment in a box, already. I eyeball it every time I am in Joann's and sigh. I only buy it by the spool now, as it's a bit of a splurge.

o

I would like set of Aurifil thread in neutral colors. I use it to piece because it is a 50w but fine.
Linda OH

o

I'd go for the King Tut/Bottom Line threads like Linda (It's the only thing that works on my quilt machine)

If someone was buying it for me, I'd ask for neutrals and/or varigated to build a supply...then build in colors from there.

o

I'm learning so much about thread from you all! I've looked up King Tut and Aurifil. I get Guttermann at Joann's and love using it. Like Calliope, I lust after the sets I see with all the beautiful colors but only buy it a spool at a time as I need it. Since I started hand applique this past year, I've developed a greater yearning for many, many colors!

o

Superior Thread has a wonderful site - take some time to look at all of it.
Additionally you can purchase Samples from them to try out the type of thread.

Here is a link that might be useful: Superior Thread

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here