Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grammyp_gw

Linen quilts

grammyp
13 years ago

Here are the 2 quilts I made for a lady at work. She had some hand painted, linen panels her MIL had given her from Australia and wanted them made into quilts for her boys for Christmas. Not sure how they will hold up, we discussed the wrinkling and shrinking when washed, and she said they would deal with it. The panels were not the same size, or painted straight on the uneven panels, but I evened them up and she was happy with the end result.

Brandon's quilt

Byron's quilt

And here is my present from DH. Ain't she cute! Doesn't have a name yet, but I'll work on that.

I woke up with DD's cold this morning, so I'm off to take a nap. DH is at work and the grands are with SonIL's family for the day.

beverly

Comments (10)

• fran1523
    13 years ago

I do like those quilts Beverly. Hope you are feeling better soon. Merry Christmas

• teresa_nc7
    13 years ago

The quilts look very interesting - you did a wonderful job. Love your new addition to your quilting "studio!" Way to go, Tim!!! Hope you feel better soon. Half of our family has been sick this holiday.

Teresa

• toolgranny
    13 years ago

Wonderful job, Bev. Sometimes you just have to make the best of what you've been given and you did good. Sorry you have a cold. I hope it goes away soon.

Lovely "new" Featherweight. I'm glad you've joined our club. I hope he didn't steal it from Grandma. I can't live without mine.

Linda

• gininmn
    13 years ago

I like them; they showcase the panels very well. I'm sure your friends will treasure them. Great job, Bev.

Congratulations on your new Featherweight. I too got one at the end of October. DH saw it listed on Craigslist and alerted me so we went right there and checked it out and I bought it. I haven't even tried it out yet nor have I named her.

Sorry to hear about your cold.

Ginny

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    13 years ago

Beverly, I think you did an awesome job with those quilt panels! ConGratz on your Featherweight....you could make a contest out of naming it.

Hope you feel better soon.

Everyone seems to push push push during this time of year and just wear themselves out. Take care of yourselves and your immune systems everyone! I'm cold, so make sure you're wearing a sweater! (grin)

SharonG/FL

• nanajayne
    13 years ago

I see these quilts as treasures. You did a fantastic job of putting them together and I know they will be loved.
    Congratulations on joining the FW club. Name?? I haven't got a name for mine either. Maybe should give it a "think".
    Get better, colds have a way of lingering this time of year but rest and sewing help. Jayne

• karpet
    13 years ago

Those are so very pretty!

Yeah! What a great DH!

• jennifer_in_va
    13 years ago

Your DH is such a treasure!! Wish he'd share some of his know-how with my DH!!!

Take care of yourself!

• buteau3rd
    13 years ago

You did a great job bringing those panels together. But then you always do. They will surely be appreciated!
    Congratulations on your "new" featherweight! Truly the best and truest friend for a quilter. So easy to carry to class or a session with friends. A very caring and observant DH!
    Marge

• magothyrivergirl
    13 years ago

You turned those panels into one of a kind keepsake quilts. I hope they hang or display them in a way to preserve them. they are wonderful and you did a great job.

What a great surprise present!
    I got a FW last winter, and haven't really done anything with it, except smile at her every time I walk past her :)
    In all honesty, I can't use all the machines I have, but I want to.

Hope you are feeling better.
    Your DH looks so happy in the pictures!

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor