Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
quiltnhen

Finished!

quiltnhen
10 years ago

This is finally finished. Thanks for the input you shared as I struggled to get this one quilted. It never ceases to amaze this procrastinator how many you quilts you all complete. This one, started over a year ago finally goes to it's intended recipient today!!!

Can't post two, so closeup is next.
LindaB/CA

Comments (24)

• quiltnhen
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Finally, after another quilting class I added tendrils to the larger feathers in the border and another outline around some of the other spots.
    LindaB/CA

• msmeow
    10 years ago

Linda, it is beautiful! I love the quilting - it's perfect for the design.

Donna

• rosajoe_gw
    10 years ago

It is beautiful Linda, the quilting, fabrics, everything is gorgeous.

I love feathers and yours are perfect.
    Rosa

• toolgranny
    10 years ago

Beautiful job. Your feathers are lovely. Now you can plan the next one.

• day2day
    10 years ago

Linda, that is beautiful!
    I love the colors and I love the feathers.
    Great job.
    TFS.

~Geraldine.

• nannykins
    10 years ago

Beautiful quilting!!
    Is this free motion? Or on a long arm?
    Love it and I am a fan of blue and yellow.
    Theresa

• MiMi
    10 years ago

That is just beautiful... I sew but have never quilted like this but sure do want to... Your colors are wonderful. I hope you don't mind but I want to save these pictures for future reference as I hope to get to quilt some day...

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    10 years ago

LindaB, you did an amazing job with this. Love your fabric choices and quilting.

SharonG/FL

• quiltnhen
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you.
    I gave it to her today and she loved it. She very sweetly befriended my Mother, driving her from the gym to lunch twice a week for a very long time. It gave my husband and I time for ourselves before I picked Mom up from lunch. Alzheimers is a horrible thing, but this good friend stayed with us until the end. She was a real angel to my Mom and to us.
    nannykins, It's free motion on my baby lock Jane.
    dbfirewife, I'm honored. Feel free to save the pictures. During my search for ideas I went through many books and magazines and found lots of good ideas online as well.

• nanajayne
    10 years ago

Congratulations. You did a remarkable job with the quilting. I envy those of you who do such a wonderful job with feathers and controlled FMQ. I know your friend must be so appreciative of all the work and effort you put into her quilts. TFS

• littlehelen_gw
    10 years ago

Just lovely, your FMQ is really impressive! A really Beautiful quilt !
    V.

• petalpatsy
    10 years ago

It's a real beauty. The colors and contrasts are very striking!

• jennifer_in_va
    10 years ago

It's just lovely, both in design, execution, and sentiment! Well done!

• pirate_girl
    10 years ago

You did a wonderful job, sooooo very nice! What a terrific way to commerate & acknowledge her friendship & support, I'm sure she was moved. Well done indeed!

• bev2009
    10 years ago

It is a beautiful quilt going to a beautiful lady. I love blue and yellow and really need to make one. TFS

• bev2009
    10 years ago

It is a beautiful quilt going to a beautiful lady. I love blue and yellow and really need to make one. TFS

• magothyrivergirl
    10 years ago

LindaB - Beautiful quilting! I love blue and yellow/gold--you have a perfect balance of the colors and shades. Your feathers and quilting is perfect -- I envy your skill!
    This is a sweet gift for a very deserving and generous friend. I am sure she will cherish this quilt forever.

• loisflan
    10 years ago

Linda, your quilt is lovely. You've chosen the perfect fabrics for the pattern, and your quilting is amazing. Your friend is very fortunate.

• quiltnhen
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you. Finishing this one has really got me going again, and all the lovely comments haven't hurt either ;-)
    LindaB/CA

• quiltingfox
    10 years ago

It's a beautiful quilt! Thanks for sharing with us.

Best to you and Merry Christmas,
    Sandra

• calliope
    10 years ago

Is that a Carpenter's Star? If it is, I did one several years ago, in much the same material. Mine did NOT have the beautiful quilting on it, however. Your quilting is gorgeous .............just perfect, and hard to believe it's free motion. What a beautiful quilt.

• quiltnhen
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you. Yes. I originally chose it because I thought it was appropriate to give a woman who belongs to Eastern Star a star quilt. Also, the pattern said it was quick to make. Well they don't know about me....more like a year and a half until I delivered it! All the things I learned doing it were worth it though.

Funny, the first time I thought the quilting was finished I was almost sorry. You get in a groove with feathers and it starts to be fun, almost like a dance with your machine. Of course then I decided it needed more, which was less fun.

LindaB/CA

• chrizty
    10 years ago

Beautiful!

• bev2009
    10 years ago

What do you use to mark the quilt for quilting?

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County