Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
What is the name of my late Grandma's quilt block?

Posted by quiltingfox (My Page) on
Mon, Dec 23, 13 at 12:49

This is a photo of one of the quilt blocks that my late Grandma made probably around the 1940's or 1950's which is my best guess assuming she made them in her 30's or 40's? It was sewn by machine. I framed it for my sister for Christmas, does any one know the name of this quilt block? Do I have it turned right side up, which side should be the top of the block? Oh and it's about 12" x 12" roughly.

Best to you and thanks bunches,
Sandra

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: What is the name of my late Grandma's quilt block?

Yes, it's a Drunkard's Path. You make the four quarters and make it look however you want by the way you rotate the quarters. This is an old, traditional block. Google for images of quilts made with this and you'll see lots of variations.

I'm sure your sister will love it.

Here is a link that might be useful: Drunkard's Path block.

o

Thank you bunches Toolgranny for telling me the name of it. Hope you have a Merry Christmas and Blessed New Year!

Sandra

o

That was a nice thought to frame it for your sister. Does she quilt? Was there only one block?

o

Hi Bev, thanks, no my sister does not quilt. My mom brought me a small box of these blocks in various prints that my late Grandma made before I was born not enough for a quilt and they are really scrappy. I thought this one was pretty. I would like to frame more of them later on. I just had the one 12" x 12" frame though right now. Hope my sister loves it. Merry Christmas!!!

Best to you,
Sandra

o

That is so cool! You are very lucky to have something of your Grandmothers.

o

Thank you Christy! And Merry Christmas!

Sandra

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here