Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
geezerfolks_sharon

Wickedly Easy Variation

This is my take on this pattern using novelty fabric. When it's finished, will probably go to Isaiah, the new great-grandson due in Feb.

SharonG/FL

Here is a link that might be useful: Wickedly Easy Quilt pics and pattern

Comments (10)

• nannykins
    10 years ago

Good job!
    I did this pattern once and wasn't too thrilled with it.I thought afterwards that I should have made all the long strips the same colour, as you did. Makes it less "muddy"
    Theresa

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I understand what you mean about the muddy look. That's one reason I went with the plain long strip. Another thing I did was use tot or plains for the short strips. Of course, I didn't use FQ which was to make it so easy, but used up some pieces I had. I'd like to try another one just using tot's and maybe one print and see how it turns out. :-)

SharonG/FL

• nannykins
    10 years ago

And after cutting the pieces for the Mystery quilt, i still have what seems like tons of leftovers. This might be a good place to "lose" some of them.
    Theresa

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Theresa, 2 1/2 inch strips and 4 1/2 X 7 1/2 chunks is all it is. One block comes out to be 16 1/2 inches.

SharonG/FL

• jennifer_in_va
    10 years ago

Oh, think how quickly that would go together if you made strip sets and only used a few fabrics! I'd think it'd use very little yardage to complete something of this size.

Yours looks great, Sharon...of course!

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    10 years ago

There ya go, Jennifer! Put it on your list and show us what you come up with!!! :-)

SharonG/FL

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Here's another one.......finished the top today and I have backings pieced for 4 quilts. Now to get some batting and tape to piece what I have. I'm on a roll!

• jennifer_in_va
    10 years ago

I like this one even better. I like how the pink all around tends to tie it all together! Nice!

You've been busy! I've gotten the backing & borders ready for the bargello, and the last of my batting is the perfect size (go figure). Now to find a spot large enough to lay it out to get it put together....

• nannykins
    10 years ago

This one is very nice. Is it because you used fewer fabrics so it is not so scrappy? The pink and turquoise work well together.
    Theresa

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I like this one, too, and used mostly floral fabric, all greens for the short strips with pink for the long ones. I hesitated using the same green for the short strips....didn't think I'd like the same green across from each other in all the blocks......not sure though. And, I really don't care for the quilt ending up so narrow, but with the border and extra squares, it's at 40 inches wide, so that's ok. I could make more blocks, but don't want it square, either. Don't plan to make another one anytime soon, but I need another quilt for a boy so will have to think of something.

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz