Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
thanks to Caroline (pic)

Posted by toolgranny (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 7, 11 at 12:15

Just when I was in the need for a small, quick applique project, Caroline posted all her lovely things she makes to sell. I thought the heart tree would make a nice gift so copied hers and here it is. I think mine turned out larger based on the size of her buttons.

heart Xmas tree 2011

My buttons are all antique pearl buttons and I hope Mom likes this. Thanks Caroline for sharing your efforts.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: thanks to Caroline (pic)

Your tree turned out supper nice. Congrats.

o

Very cute! What a great use for those antique buttons.

Donna

o

Cute! Cute! Cute! I need to copy this too.
Sue

o

very nice!!

o

That is sooooooooooooooo cute,looks easy too!!TFS
Kathi

o

I liked her heart tree, too. And also like yours!

SharonG/FL

o

Like it. I used to collect hearts, still like them. This MOM would enjoy having it I am sure yours will be very pleased too. TFS

o

How very sweet and thoughtful way to use the antique buttons for your Mom! Did you do the applique all by hand? You do such beautiful work.
Very nice - you never know how posting pics of our individual work inspires someone else.

o

Very cute!! I will have to put that on my list for next Christmas.

Robbi

o

Adorable. I love it with or without buttons. Must get back to my sewing room.

o

Thanks for sharing - I missed seeing Caroline's quilt, so am glad you posted a picture of your's. It's really beautiful and something for my "list to do" next year as well.

Kristene

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here