Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cannahavana

This year's baby quilts (pic heavy)

cannahavana
12 years ago

We had 4 babies born this past year in our family, two great nieces and two great nephews. The I-spy rag quilt is for a toddler sibling.

Rebecca

Comments (15)

• toolgranny
    12 years ago

Those are all so wonderful. I love your labeling as well. Good job.

• User
    12 years ago

Canna, your talents NEVER cease to amaze me. I love that name Azalia Louise!

All my grands have used the yellow duckie hooded towel you sent for Ben and it's still going strong as it moves down the Pass-Me-On road of babies we know.

Love them all, keep up the great work.
    Merry Christmas

• hazelnutbunny
    12 years ago

All are terrific! What a thoughtful & beautiful gift a quilt makes!

• cannahavana
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Awe thanks Dianne! That is awesome that the duckie towel is still going strong :).

I have a great-great niece/nephew due sometime next summer. I am starting to feel old...

Rebecca

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    12 years ago

Rebecca, It sure keeps us at the sewing machine when the babies keep arriving, eh? Great job on all the quilts. Fantastic way to do labels!

SharonG/FL

• mary_c_gw
    12 years ago

Great quilts! I also love the way you do your labels - I'm going to have to try that.

• nanajayne
    12 years ago

Rebecca, (that's my DD name)
    A great job with all of the quilts. Like your choice of fabrics on all of them but especially the butterfly one. I am very fond of that pattern and fabric. Congratulations, well done. TFS

• teresa_nc7
    12 years ago

Lucky babies and toddler! They are all beautiful quilts! Has everyone promised to slow it down in 2012???? LOL!

Teresa

• fran1523
    12 years ago

Wow. I am impressed by your output. Love them all.

• magothyrivergirl
    12 years ago

I love them!
    I want to try a rag quilt - you all are very bad influences!
    I also want to try your label style - any hints to share regarding size and placements of the text? Labels seem to take up too much of my time & great effort. Yours look stylish and worth it (with less effort).
    Thanks!

• nannykins
    12 years ago

Rebecca!
    I just went through some of your Photobucket pics. Your garden and flower shots make me drool. Beautiful. And stunning is the little redhead. Reminds me very much of my youngest, same red hair and lovely smile. And she too is a gardener!
    Lovely quilts as well.
    Theresa

• rosajoe_gw
    12 years ago

Rebecca I love them all!!! What is the name of the last pattern?? love the borders.

I went thru the 'baby boom' and 'wedding boom' for 2 years straight lol, maybe this year will slow down.

Marsh I love to make raggedies and they just get softer with each washing. The only prob is clipping them outside to avoid lint every where.
    Rosa

• loisflan
    12 years ago

Rebecca, your quilts are wonderful. I especially admire the pastel butterfly one. You are inspiring me to try quilting my quilts myself.

• kathi_mdgd
    12 years ago

Those are all beautiful,my favorite is the last one,pastel with butterflies.I've never done a rag quilt either,must put that on my to do list for 2012.TFS
    kathi

• cannahavana
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks so much everyone. I will have to take pictures next time I do a label and I will do a tutorial. I do use Photoshop for my labels, but any graphic type software will work or even Word. I use photo fabric in my printer and it is a cotton poplin fabric. It is a tad expensive, but I think I bought it at JoAnn's with a 40% coupon. It comes in 6 sheets and I can get two labels out of each sheet. I use a half sheet to print the label, rinse the label in cold water, dry with an iron. Also, I bind the top of the label with matching fabric or you can just fold it down to finish the edge. Then secure with pins onto the backside corner of the quilt when I sew the binding on the front. After sewing the binding onto the front, I trim the label back to form the triangle. I stitch the top of the label down to the backside when I am doing my hand stitching of the binding to the back of the quilt.

Magothy, I used to not make labels either until I started making them on the computer.

Theresa, I REALLY wish my gardens still looked like that. Unfortunately, we had a really wet, cold winter a few years ago and killed most of the tender things we grew. We mostly have daylilies now and we also have a daylily business that my husband and I inherited 4 years ago.

Rosa, I don't know if the last one has a pattern name. I took a 5 inch block and put 2 1/2 inch blocks in opposite corners, sewed diagonally and trimmed. Then flip the corners back and iron. Real simple blocks. The border was the left over corners that were trimmed off. Clear as mud? :)

Lois, I only quilt them myself if they are lap size or smaller. Everything else goes to the Long Arm quilter. Give it a try!

Kathi, rag quilts are so quick and easy to make. The hardest part is the clipping. I have made two and plan on making many more!

Okay I have been long winded enough!

Rebecca