Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rosajoe_gw

time for New Years mystery

rosajoe_gw
12 years ago

I never have good luck with the fabrics for a mystery quilt, but I like to follow along to see if I like the finished quilt.

I really don't know why, 'cause I have so many saved and I know I will never make them lol!!!!

Rosa

Here is a link that might be useful: MysteryQuilt

Comments (9)

• nannykins
    12 years ago

I am usually a bit leery of mysteries. I like to know what I am making. Now, having said that, I have taken part in a few mysteries at the LQS, mainly because I liked the teacher.
    I just read the fabric list for this new one and since I got some interesting fabrics as Christmas gifts, I just might try it. I know I can't sew that day as we will be having company, but if I can remember to get each hours' instructions, I can work on it later.
    Theresa

• nannykins
    12 years ago

And I just realized that if I make it later, it won't be a mystery anymore. DUH!
    Theresa

• dan_the_mailman
    12 years ago

I've never done a 1-Day Mystery Quilt, so I think I'll go for it. After reading the fabric requirements and cutting directions, I've already got it all in my stash, so why not? Sewing with a bunch of other people sounds like fun too! I'm thinking though, since I like to make queen or king-sized quilts, I may use this one as the center of a quilt, and enlarge it with some framework. We'll see...

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    12 years ago

Go for it, Dan! We'll cheer you on!!!!!! *very big grin*

SharonG/FL

• dan_the_mailman
    12 years ago

Thanks Sharon! I went to joann's and spent almost $150 on fabrics yesterday, including 30 FQs...lol! I had a great time! I'm cutting fabric tonight for a sunburst quilt, then I'll use the leftovers for the mystery quilt. I'll post pics when I've got something put together.
    Dan

• equilter
    12 years ago

I'm going to give it a try-never did one before. I had a jelly roll someone gave me and a large piece left over from the back of a quilt. I'm not sure if they're the right fabrics, though. But since I'd like to think of 2012 as "The Year of the Stash", I'm starting off positively. Anyway, sounds like fun.
    Happy New Year, Everyone!

• rosajoe_gw
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Theresa, I do the same thing lol!!!!

Equilter, post pics!!!

Dan, I just looked at the project and I really like this one! can't wait to see yours.

As soon as my computer finishes with the scan I'm going to print out the instructions.
    Rosa

• nannykins
    12 years ago

I managed to get all of the instructions printed and the quilt looks easy enough, so maybe I will start on it tomorrow. I said "Maybe".
    So what do you say Rosa? shall we give it a whirl?
    Theresa

• dan_the_mailman
    12 years ago

Hey Everyone! I just posted a thread about my adventures with the mystery quilt! It's not done yet, but I've had a fun AND interesting day today with it...lol!

If you haven't already begun this mystery quilt, give it a go!

Rosa, thanks for posting about this! I've already signed up with planet patchwork so they'll let me know about the next one!

Dan

Here is a link that might be useful: dan's mystery quilt

Sponsored
Ronald J. Smith Interiors, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Veteran Interior Designer Serving Clients in Upper Marlboro