Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loralee_gw

Finished disappearing nine patch quilt

loralee
11 years ago

I chose these fabrics about two years ago. I wanted brights so did not do the light and dark as suggested for this pattern.

Comments (16)

• msmeow
    11 years ago

Ooh, Loralee, it's wonderful! I think your brights work very well.

Donna

PS - I can PM you my address if it needs a home. :) LOL

• loisflan
    11 years ago

Loralee, your quilt is fantastic. It's so crisp and spring-like. You did a wonderful job with fabric choice. I need something spring-looking as I peer out the window at the 12" of snow that fell on Sunday. Thanks for the lift.

• nannykins
    11 years ago

That is bright and cheery! Lovely
    Theresa

• toolgranny
    11 years ago

wonderful job. You made the right choice for the fabrics. I love the colors. Don't tell people how easy they are to make. You'll blow our cover.

• nanajayne
    11 years ago

One of my favorite patterns and so easy to do. Your choice of fabrics work very well and I like the brightness of them.Nice job and TFS.

• polardream
    11 years ago

It turned out lovely! Blue and yellow quilts are always so cheery - good color choices!
    Sue

• day2day
    11 years ago

Oh, that is so pretty! The blue/yellow combo always looks nice and yours is beautiful. It brought a smile to my face as soon as I saw it. Great job.
    TFS.

~Geraldine

• littlehelen_gw
    11 years ago

So bright and cheery...lovely quilt...It's sure to bring smiles to those who cuddle with this one! Well done!
    V.

• magothyrivergirl
    11 years ago

Very pretty - love your choice of fabrics. Your layout is different than the one I have used ~ I really like it! This showcases the beautiful flower fabric.

I always love the quilts I see in blue and yellow - I need to make one!

• geezerfolks_SharonG_FL
    11 years ago

I like how you had 2 different fabrics for the corners and 2 different ones to slice through. And using the bright blue for the center, really brings it all together. Looks Springy. :-)

SharonG/FL

• bev2009
    11 years ago

Blue and yellow are one of my favorite combinations. You did a wonderful job with fabric selection. It looks so complicated!

• quiltnhen
    11 years ago

Beautiful! It feels like spring. The colors look just right.

• wendyfaye
    11 years ago

Amazing how many looks this pattern can produce. This is a beautiful 'springy' quilt. Love it!

Faye

• loralee
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you for all the great compliments. I really like how it turned out also. I kept thinking the pattern suggest lights and darks. I wanted a bright quilt so I did throw in one light the white.

I plan on making another one using this pattern and have had these fabrics for many years just waiting for me to get around to it. In fact I had forgotten that I had purchased extra fabric to make a quilt for the bride (daughter) I did make her one but not with her brides maid fabric.

Now I will make the quilt next year and it will be for the 14 year old granddaughter. I already made her sisters quilt and she is 18.

• rosajoe_gw
    11 years ago

Beautiful! I love the blue and yellow combo. It's one of my favorite quilt patterns too.

• fran1523
    11 years ago

Ditto to what everybody else said. That is a terrific quilt and I love the color combination.