Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Finished disappearing nine patch quilt

Posted by loralee (My Page) on
Tue, Dec 11, 12 at 11:47

I chose these fabrics about two years ago. I wanted brights so did not do the light and dark as suggested for this pattern.

disappearing nine patch Dec 10 2012

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Finished disappearing nine patch quilt

Ooh, Loralee, it's wonderful! I think your brights work very well.

Donna

PS - I can PM you my address if it needs a home. :) LOL

o

Loralee, your quilt is fantastic. It's so crisp and spring-like. You did a wonderful job with fabric choice. I need something spring-looking as I peer out the window at the 12" of snow that fell on Sunday. Thanks for the lift.

o

That is bright and cheery! Lovely
Theresa

o

wonderful job. You made the right choice for the fabrics. I love the colors. Don't tell people how easy they are to make. You'll blow our cover.

o

One of my favorite patterns and so easy to do. Your choice of fabrics work very well and I like the brightness of them.Nice job and TFS.

o

It turned out lovely! Blue and yellow quilts are always so cheery - good color choices!
Sue

o

Oh, that is so pretty! The blue/yellow combo always looks nice and yours is beautiful. It brought a smile to my face as soon as I saw it. Great job.
TFS.

~Geraldine

o

So bright and cheery...lovely quilt...It's sure to bring smiles to those who cuddle with this one! Well done!
V.

o

Very pretty - love your choice of fabrics. Your layout is different than the one I have used ~ I really like it! This showcases the beautiful flower fabric.

I always love the quilts I see in blue and yellow - I need to make one!

o

I like how you had 2 different fabrics for the corners and 2 different ones to slice through. And using the bright blue for the center, really brings it all together. Looks Springy. :-)

SharonG/FL

o

Blue and yellow are one of my favorite combinations. You did a wonderful job with fabric selection. It looks so complicated!

o

Beautiful! It feels like spring. The colors look just right.

o

Amazing how many looks this pattern can produce. This is a beautiful 'springy' quilt. Love it!

Faye

o

Thank you for all the great compliments. I really like how it turned out also. I kept thinking the pattern suggest lights and darks. I wanted a bright quilt so I did throw in one light the white.

I plan on making another one using this pattern and have had these fabrics for many years just waiting for me to get around to it. In fact I had forgotten that I had purchased extra fabric to make a quilt for the bride (daughter) I did make her one but not with her brides maid fabric.

Now I will make the quilt next year and it will be for the 14 year old granddaughter. I already made her sisters quilt and she is 18.

o

Beautiful! I love the blue and yellow combo. It's one of my favorite quilt patterns too.

o

Ditto to what everybody else said. That is a terrific quilt and I love the color combination.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here