Return to the Quilting Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Dec 2010 Quilting/Sewing Goals

Posted by geezerfolks (My Page) on
Wed, Dec 1, 10 at 11:39

Here it is, ladies, the last month of 2010. I think if we look back over the past 11 months, we'd find we accomplished quite a bit in our quilting and sewing goals. Did you keep track of all of them? This month I hope to:

1. Get the binding on DH's quilt
2. Complete a Holiday UFO...either a table topper or wallhanging.

Make it easy on yourselves this month and enjoy!

SharonG/FL

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Dec 2010 Quilting/Sewing Goals

Between work, concert activities at church, and hosting the family Christmas gathering for the first time, any sewing I get done will be a plus!

When I do have time I'll be working on the Quiltville mystery.

Donna

o

Hi Sharon.I did finish the quilting on Tile Tango yesterday...happy about that.

December:
I want to get my flying Geese top quilted. sandwiched it this morning.
That's about it for Dec.

Good Luck to all.

~Geraldine

o

Hi Sharon,

I work on holiday trains this month and then have lots of family coming but in between, I will finish FMQ on Celtic wreath hanging and cut out and start a log cabin. I continue to fill in gaps with my redwork project which I can carry around as needed.

o

I can't believe it's December, much less the end of the year! I'm not going to make any big goals this month since it will be so busy with the holidays. I have all sorts of luncheons and dinners over the next few weeks, so I'm going to get my pumpkin rolls all made and in the freezer this weekend. My new sewing machine was supposed to be here the first of the week, so I'm hoping it will be sitting on my door step when I get home today. It will be really hard to finish decorating when a new toy in the house! I have a few presents left to make that will take advantage of the new machine, so it will get some use.

I have a cross stitch pattern I've been working on intermittently for about 3 years and I'm almost done with it, so I'm using my TV time to work on it in the evenings.

I'm off from work the last 2 weeks of the month, so I hope to get really caught up on my UFO's. One quilt I'm quilting for my son, one QAYG quilt and practice some FMQ so I can quilt a quilt for the top I done for my dh.

Robbi

o

The finish work on a log cabin I did the top for in one week. I've already been a week on half of the quilting and knotting, and one paper pieced quilt on the design wall.

o

It was one of my November goals to finish 5 grocery-tote bags for gifts & I got 6 done!
Photobucket

Goals for December include:
1. Round robin
2. Get January/February birthday blocks done
3. organize quilting to take to Arizona (we are planning to take our motor home when we visit family for Christmas & stay for 8 weeks!)

Sue

o

Sue, love your tote bags! I am hoping to get as much of this Boxed Squares quilt done as possible. Started piecing the blocks this morning, a little less than half done. Takes 80 blocks. I may make another one when this is finished. I separated out the fabrics to make one with masculine colors and one with feminine colors. I'm working on the masculine one now. I hope to send one to an Uncle and one to an Aunt in WV. Not telling them, though, I never tell anyone I'm making anything for them in case it doesn't get done. And I won't send the first one until the other one is complete, they are very close (brother and sister) and can't keep secrets.

o

After a couple months - well, honestly it's been 3 months - of almost no time to sew, I'm looking forward to getting back into it. But it won't happen until after the 11th when we host the neighborhood Holiday party. After the 11th, I'll be excited to start working on the Quilting Queens Round/Row Robin and the birthday blocks that are due in January. Maybe I'll even get that Christmas wall hanging done before Christmas day!

Ho Ho Ho,
Kate

o

Sue - love your totes!
I hope to finish quilting the heavy quilt tonight and maybe get the binding on. The next 2 quilts will be much easier quilting. Then the machine goes away till Jan.! I'm working on 'tying' a quilt with buttons, and it sure takes longer than just tying! But it does look cute. I've thought about trying to sew some of the buttons on with my machine - I've never done that.
Karlene

o

Looks like everyone has it together and are working on what needs to be done this month. Good for you!!! Love the bags, Sue!

The temp was at 24* this morning and was probably colder inland. Brrrrrr

Finally finished the UFO table runner and it's on the table, so my goal of completing (or getting the tops out of the house) 12 UFO's this year is accomplished!
Photobucket

I've been planning to work on getting the binding on DH's quilt every day, but he comes up with things he wants to do and we've gotten into the habit of, when leaving the house, we usually go together. Today, we'll either be making marmalade or going to Ocala to his hobby shop. Since Peggy's Heirlooms of Tomorrow quilt shop is close by, and I've never been there, it's a good opportunity to check it out.

Keep warm and keep safe......

SharonG/FL

o

I'm still doing the finish work on the log cabin quilt, but when you said Marmalade, you plunked my magic twanger. I've been taking advantage of the citrus sales at the market, and my DH has decided the fruit wasn't inviting this year, so I have to make Marmalades too in order they don't go to waste. It has always been a Christmas tradition in this house because that's when, since childhood, oranges and clementines always showed up in the house in bulk. I checked my pantry and the only jar in it is from my daughter, who has already made her Holiday marmalades.

After I finish the log cabin and get the paper-pieced blocks together and off the wall (this one is going out to a machine quilter).........I was hoping to start on my all-wool quilt, right down to the backing and batting. However, Sue's 'thangles' are niggling at my brain and I know it's in the future sometime. LOL.

Stay warm! Oh btw, I was looking through an 1897 Sears Catalogue and found rolls of pure cotton batting three foot by seven foot long for 6 and 7 cents a roll. LOL.

o

Goals for December include:
1. Round robin - DONE & mailed.
2. January/February birthday blocks - DONE
3. 6 more tote bags for gifts - DONE
4. organize quilting to take to Arizona - ALMOST DONE!

Sue

o

Finally, this weekend, I'll be able to get back to doing some sewing. I'm so excited I hardly know where to start! Both of these are high on the list:
1. January birthday blocks
2. Quilting Queens Round/Row Robin (Odessa's)

I may also try to get a couple of the December blocks done and sent in, but with slow Holiday mail I'm not sure they'll get there in time.

I think my wonky tree Christmas wall hanging will have to wait until next year...

Kate

o

So far I'm keeping up with my goal of not having any goals this month! :) Still working on the Quiltville mystery when I can. This upcoming week will be spent doing lots of house cleaning and getting ready for the family on Christmas. We're going to visit my mom on the 26th, then after that I can get back to my sewing!

Donna

o

Donna, I like your style!

I completed the 2 things on my list for this month. The other thing, totally off topic, is to have a cookie baking session with DD and DGD and that is planned for tomorrow.

Have a beautiful week-end everyone, use wisdom and don't take any chances....be safe.

SharonG/FL

o

I got the last project done! What a relief. This throw is for MIL in nursing home, to throw over her knees in wheelchair. I purposely avoided pastel, baby prints and put flannel on one side, minky on back and quilted around flannel pattern. Took forever, next time I'll pick larger pattern or just meander it. Too much quilting removes some of the softness.

Throw for nursing home

But, at least I'm done.

o

Wow, Linda/tg....you are a glutton for punishment but it sure looks pretty!! I agree about too much quilting taking away the softness.

o

Yippee! I got my Flying Geese quilted!
I finished it on Thursday. It still needs the binding but I can do that over the next few days.
Yesterday, I sandwiched my Pineapple Blossom quilt but will wait until after the holidays to quilt it.

Hope everyone enjoys the season.
Be safe. Be happy.

~Geraldine

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Quilting Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here